Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 02-28-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

SLP Flow-thru exhaust

I'm going to order a SLP Cat Back for my 89 350, I was wondering what to expect. Loud??? Deep??? Throaty??? Power Gains??? I like the fact that it is stainless and SLP is supposed to be the best. Any info is cool.

Jay
Old 03-03-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

RE:SLP

I have it on mine(almost a year)and love it.Looks great,not to loud but has a deep mature "muscular"rumble,especially when you get on it a little.My original muffler was shot,so I definetely noticed a gain.Best thirdgen exhaust IMO.
Old 03-04-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

sweet!!!

That is exactly what I wanted to hear!!!!(no pun intended) I have the $$$ to order it now, but with it not being on the road for 2 more months, I going to wait. When I am having the exhaust but on at the shop my girlfriends brother works at(he is a fellow f-body owner) a Hypertech cool fan switch and wires and plugs are goin in too. Any suggestions on plugs, I was just going to go with AC's. There are no other mods on my ride, so I don't se the need for expensive plugs.

Jay
Old 03-04-2001   #4
REMOVED USER

RE:

KARFREEK,why are you taking it to a shop,are they doing it for free?If you have a jack,it is very easy to install.Just unbolt old exhaust from catalytic converter,bolt on new one,and clamp.There is no welding involved.You do however,have to cut the over the axle pipe to remove the catback,but thats it.I will be posting a new topic from my step by step experience how to get these cars(5.7's)into the mid 13's minimal time/money,naturally aspirated,without removing the valve covers.Look for it for some ideas.
Old 03-05-2001   #5
REMOVED USER

There are 2 reasons...

The first is that the jack stands that I have, I would not trust as far as I could throw them!!! I can't get it up on the ramps that we have either, I have tried!!! The car is just too low.

The other is that I am just out of college and work 10 days and drive an hour each way. That leaves very little time for me. It has to go in anyway to have the plugs, wires and switch done. I have tried to do these and to keep my sanity, have decided that a lift is required. So, if it is going in, why not...then it is all done, and no worries.

I used to use the lift at my old high school, but because of insurance reasons, I really can use it any more, or all the work would be done by me.

When it comes, I'll look it all over, and If I can do it I will. Thanks for the info.

Jay