Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 12-25-2001   #1
CarnageGTA
Carnage350

Question Prom Upgrade

Hi guys,

Well i've been the proud owner of a flame red GTA, 5.7 350, 700r4, digital dash, no t-tops, for the last 8 years. Over the years several upgrades have been done; full 3" exhaust, headers, airbox, ported MAF, helix tower, ported plemium and runners, 3.73's rear and heavy-duty 700r4 tranny. Structure= 8 point cage, subframes, strut tower brace, suspension = everything possible done. The car looks exactly like the day it came out of the factory.

Of course you can see this is a mean baby, here in quebec canada, montreal there is only 4 GTA in the city and surroundings.
Main competition are the exotics or those supercharges cobras, forget about the rice plage, they've tried many times but to no avail

Enuf of my intro, here is my ? : I've been reading up lately on chips, and they all claim 10-20 horse and torque more, and even better mileage. Superchips, hypertech and Jet, all around
250-300$. Now i wanna know if anybody has one of these chips, and what were the results, can u feel it? more power?gas mileage better?

Thx very much guys.
CarnageGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001   #2
nblanchard
GTA Member

I purchased a chip from www.performanceresource.com I haven't had a chance to use it, since it came at the end of the season.. They claim to shave .7 seconds off a stock camaro or firebird.

225.5hp @ 4250rpm (at the wheels)
325.8ft-lbs @ 3250rpm (at the wheels)
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001   #3
87 GTA 1
GTA Owner/Member

I am planning on snaggin one from summit racing.In there they only go for about 120 bux.I have a freind who has owned a total of 3 gta's an Iroc z and now has a vette.Every one of em he's bought a chip for.So two things come to mind.1 he believes in them highly.2 he's a dumbass that waste money.Well his vette runs 12.30's in the quarter so I think # 1 is your answer.
87 GTA 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002   #4
onebadta
GTA Member

Superchips

Hi I ran the Superchips brand in my '89 GTA.... I was pretty disappointed it may have picked up 2 tenths.. it was suposed to be the best lol yeah right... I had a 30 day trial i took it back on number 29...the route i would go is to have one burned for your car... exactly to the mods you have done...I think that would be the only way to really get your $$$ worth... i'm not degraded the superchips company, it just didn't make the difference that i was looking for,... it may do what your wanting
onebadta is offline   Reply With Quote