Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Old 08-30-2017   #61
DynoDave

Re: 2017 Trans Am Nationals

Burgundy and tan convertible...very handsome! And signed by Ed H. no less.

This triple white convertible was eye catching.

Most chrome at the show by far.

POCI #72200
DynoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #62
DynoDave

A surprising (to me) number of turbo 4.9L cars there.

POCI #72200
Old 08-30-2017   #63
DynoDave

One of my favorite vintage wheels.

Off to Tipp City for the cruise. They block off the old downtown area for the Trans Am crowd to use. Many blocks of cars, well over 300, stores open late, restaurants, etc. Great time.

Subtle two-tone...

POCI #72200
Old 08-30-2017   #64
DynoDave

Another color I think looks great on a third gen....

And yet another color I'm fond of...

POCI #72200
Old 08-30-2017   #65
DynoDave

Back to the show on Sunday. Three days of great weather. Had a lot of fun at this event, and will certainly be going again.

Sometimes, you just have a break a rule.

POCI #72200
Old 08-30-2017   #66
GTABill

Great pics and thank you for the kind words. Little bit of history with that class. Quite a few of us are pretty close, as we have been "battling" each other for 10 years now and have a good time competing against each other. The white formula you took a pic of in the winners circle turned 100k miles last year. Yes, its repainted, but he really takes care of that thing. The blue and silver TA won the class back in 2012. The Powell's are good people and enjoy seeing them there. I didn't realize that was your red/red wheel TA there. What a beautiful ride. I love the scheme and IF you were to ever consider parting with it, my son might be very interested. He absolutely loves that look. Thank you for bringing it.

1991 Bright Red GTA...1st place Light Modified Class 2009 & 2014 TA Nationals
41,xxx original miles as of 12/16
Administrator-Missouri F-Body Association (Kansas City Area)
www.mofba.org
GTABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #67
86TA355SR

Dave,
Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoyed them.

Bill,
I missed our 'annual' chat that's now over two years!

I found this on youtube tonight. Your car and Dave's are at about the 25 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/JenwDvxatwQ
86TA355SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017   #68
DynoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABill View Post
Great pics and thank you for the kind words. Little bit of history with that class. Quite a few of us are pretty close, as we have been "battling" each other for 10 years now and have a good time competing against each other.
I wondered how many people you would see year after year. That's cool that you have gotten to know some of the regulars.

Quote:
The white formula you took a pic of in the winners circle turned 100k miles last year. Yes, its repainted, but he really takes care of that thing.
See, my head was spinning. It was a mad rush to get all the equipment ready to even be there. I didn't even have time to clean my car up the way I wanted. And even then, it's got some issues that would make it non-competitive in this crowd. And I knew that going in. I just wanted to see what it was like. From the time we pulled on the lot, to when we left, it feels like we were there for 5 minutes. It went by so fast. I didn't know there WAS a winners circle until the awards ceremony. Missed seminars, Norwood, and all kinds of good stuff. Need to get my ac together! LOL Didn't know the white car was a past winner, or that it had $100k on it. I just took a picture because I liked it. And there were a bunch I wanted to get photos of, but ran out of time, or forgot to go back and do so.

Quote:
The blue and silver TA won the class back in 2012. The Powell's are good people and enjoy seeing them there.
They were both very nice folks. Spent more time talking to them than just about anyone else.

And the car was beautiful.

Quote:
I didn't realize that was your red/red wheel TA there. What a beautiful ride. I love the scheme and IF you were to ever consider parting with it, my son might be very interested. He absolutely loves that look. Thank you for bringing it.
I made a sign for the dash that had my DynoDave username on it, the the forums I spend time on. But I forgot to put it out Saturday, and with the hood up, it was hard to see anyway.

Yes, the matching Bright Red wheels draw a lot of comments. You don't see them too often. I've been challenged about them more than once (not original, Pontiac never offered them that way, you know your wheels have been painted). I carry the part book page that shows them in Bright Red. RPO is there on the SPID too IRIC.

I enjoyed bringing it, and will certainly be back in the future. Just need to be much better prepared, and plan / use my time much more carefully.
POCI #72200
Old 08-31-2017   #69
DynoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TA355SR View Post
Dave,
Thanks for posting the pics. Enjoyed them.

Bill,
I missed our 'annual' chat that's now over two years!

I found this on youtube tonight. Your car and Dave's are at about the 25 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/JenwDvxatwQ
Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for the video link. 1 hour +....I'll have to watch that one this weekend some time.
POCI #72200
Old 08-31-2017   #70
86TA355SR

Yeah, I know what you mean. I went through it quickly but haven't had time to watch it entirely. There's some shorter vids from this year's Nats on the Tube, including Tipp City. I missed Tipp the most this year. Good times!
Old 09-02-2017   #71
Roadrunner
87 GTA 305 Auto

Bill Ė Congratulations on the trophy. It was nice to meet you. With your hatch light staying on - I didnít realize opening the hatch automatically turns on the light for later years. Mine just has a manual slide switch.

Dave Ė I saw your car but didnít realize who owned it. When I first saw it I didnít think the wheels were original since it looked like the color didnít match the car. But after looking at it more I realized it was right and it was just the way the light was shining. I really like the look.

There were other cars that I knew as regulars in Cincinnati shows but I didnít see the owners at Nats or Tipp.

I went to Norwood Saturday morning before heading up to the Nats. They had F bodies but there were also some sweet Impalas and older Chevys (most people only associate F bodies with Norwood). There were people hanging out that used to work at the plant and still live in the neighborhood. One woman told us of several generations of family members employed and she and her husband were co-workers. Another guy was talking about the í72 strike. I bet around Detroit there is an even higher level of nostalgia. They were taking orders for a DVD that will be coming out.

This was the first year I was able to make it to Tipp City. I took the í01 and was parked two side streets up from Billís car. There were a lot more cars than I was expecting.

I got a kick out of seeing that iron duke leave to go to Tipp. There was a line of cars leaving the side road to get onto Col. Glenn Hwy. Each one would gun it and bark the tires but when it was the duke's turn, it just sort of puttered through. I liked seeing a survivor Ė I think the only other one Iíve seen was when I toured the Norwood plant back in high school.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017   #72
bob2002gtp
1987 GTA and 1984 TA

Thanks for posting the pics. I thought about going but we had a wedding that weekend. Thanks again!
bob2002gtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017   #73
DynoDave

You're welcome. Hope to see you at a future event.
POCI #72200
Old 09-29-2017   #74
86TA355SR

Wow! Great cars.

I can't wait until next year!
Old 09-29-2017   #75
DynoDave

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Really enjoyed this years trip. Don't know if we can go every year, but I'd like to.
POCI #72200
Old 10-05-2017   #76
86TA355SR

Dave,
Just go! Mark it on calendar and meet us there!

I only missed this year because of job training. I thought I better do the job change so I can buy more TAs in the future! Though, I'm not sure where I'll put them...guess it's time for a bigger shop!
Old 10-06-2017   #77
DynoDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TA355SR View Post
Dave,
Just go! Mark it on calendar and meet us there!

I only missed this year because of job training. I thought I better do the job change so I can buy more TAs in the future! Though, I'm not sure where I'll put them...guess it's time for a bigger shop!
Well, it's not quite THAT easy. But we'll see what we can do. Already working on plans for the POCI National Meet in Wisconsin in 2018. Can't go too crazy.
POCI #72200