Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 01-03-2008   #1
CLASSYGTA

FS: 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA - New York

Up for sale is my 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA.

The GTA has the big 5.7L TPI 350 V8 engine. It has fewer than 94k original miles on her. (Low for a 20 year old car). The 350 is running on 5w30 Valvoline synthetic and runs great. The 700R4 tranny shifts as designed. It has the WS6 suspension and all disc brakes. THIS IS A TURN KEY AND GO GTA!!! It took me over a year to find a clean, unmolested and unmodified GTA that was not beat or abused on!!

The exterior color is Black with Gold GTA badges and original Gold rims. Interior is gray. It also has the original Delco stock cassette radio w/eq. It has been repainted before due to fading on roof (I saw pics). The rear spoiler has the common stress marks due to the rubber compound (common on GTA's & TA's as you may be aware of) under the paint. The car was painted very nicely. The paint is nice and very smooth, no cheap macco crap! There is a crack (~2-3 inches) in the paint on the hood due to a mechanic not knowing how to open up the hood, he banged on it and cracked the paint. What a dummy!! The paint is cracked, not the hood. Also the GTA seats has been removed and replaced with regular TA seats. The previous owner was 300+ lbs and well wrecked the seats getting in and out. I also saw pics of it. This is all very minor cosmetic issues that does NOT have to be fixed but I just want you to be aware off. The car is CLEAN!! I am just being honest.

The GTA is currently garaged and covered. The pics are about a month old. The GTA passed NY inspection and is valid for a year. The GTA also has a clean carfax...No Accidents!! The car is straight! I always wanted a GTA growing up and I finally got her but its time to pop that question to my girl, so this is paying for that ring!! This is my Sunday car and I do not want to sell it, but if there is a buyer then it could go or else it stays. It is also eligible for collectors insurance too!

This is a very rare and unique car that is getting extremely HARD TO FIND in this condition. If you want a true head turner then look no more!! Everyone looks and the compliments given says it all!! Interior & Engine pics will follow one day this week when I take her out. I have more pics if you are interested, but please if you do not have the funds...don't waste my time. The GTA is sold as-is. (Just need to write that down) Asking $6500 neg. Located In Yonkers, NY.

CLASSYGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #2
Wes

Re: FS: 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA - New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSYGTA
Up for sale is my 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA.

The GTA has the big 5.7L TPI 350 V8 engine. It has fewer than 94k original miles on her. (Low for a 20 year old car). The 350 is running on 5w30 Valvoline synthetic and runs great. The 700R4 tranny shifts as designed. It has the WS6 suspension and all disc brakes. THIS IS A TURN KEY AND GO GTA!!! It took me over a year to find a clean, unmolested and unmodified GTA that was not beat or abused on!!

The exterior color is Black with Gold GTA badges and original Gold rims. Interior is gray. It also has the original Delco stock cassette radio w/eq. It has been repainted before due to fading on roof (I saw pics). The rear spoiler has the common stress marks due to the rubber compound (common on GTA's & TA's as you may be aware of) under the paint. The car was painted very nicely. The paint is nice and very smooth, no cheap macco crap! There is a crack (~2-3 inches) in the paint on the hood due to a mechanic not knowing how to open up the hood, he banged on it and cracked the paint. What a dummy!! The paint is cracked, not the hood. Also the GTA seats has been removed and replaced with regular TA seats. The previous owner was 300+ lbs and well wrecked the seats getting in and out. I also saw pics of it. This is all very minor cosmetic issues that does NOT have to be fixed but I just want you to be aware off. The car is CLEAN!! I am just being honest.

The GTA is currently garaged and covered. The pics are about a month old. The GTA passed NY inspection and is valid for a year. The GTA also has a clean carfax...No Accidents!! The car is straight! I always wanted a GTA growing up and I finally got her but its time to pop that question to my girl, so this is paying for that ring!! This is my Sunday car and I do not want to sell it, but if there is a buyer then it could go or else it stays. It is also eligible for collectors insurance too!

This is a very rare and unique car that is getting extremely HARD TO FIND in this condition. If you want a true head turner then look no more!! Everyone looks and the compliments given says it all!! Interior & Engine pics will follow one day this week when I take her out. I have more pics if you are interested, but please if you do not have the funds...don't waste my time. The GTA is sold as-is. (Just need to write that down) Asking $6500 neg. Located In Yonkers, NY.
Great looking GTA. Good luck with the sale and with the proposal.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #3
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Dont sell your dream for a ring. Find another way to fund it. Im just saying from experience. Please dont take that the wrong way. If your girl really loves you she will want you to have your dream and not a rock. All that will come in time. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

Last edited by 87bucketgta; 01-03-2008 at 07:40 PM.
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
CLASSYGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87bucketgta
Dont sell your dream for a ring. Find another way to fund it. Im just saying from experience. Please dont take that the wrong way. If your girl really loves you she will want you to have your dream and not a rock. All that will come in time. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

Trust me I want to keep the car, but between getting a ring and paying for my MBA out of pocket without taking a loan out and keeping the GTA as a Sunday car, it will be too much of a burden for me to do. If she found out that I was selling the GTA for her she would be pissed!! But as of now my priority is her and to finish my MBA and then get married and buy myself a TURBO TA!!
Old 01-04-2008   #5
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSYGTA
Trust me I want to keep the car, but between getting a ring and paying for my MBA out of pocket without taking a loan out and keeping the GTA as a Sunday car, it will be too much of a burden for me to do. If she found out that I was selling the GTA for her she would be pissed!! But as of now my priority is her and to finish my MBA and then get married and buy myself a TURBO TA!!
Cool man, that sounds more like it. Now that sounds like more realistic reasons dont take that the wrong way. How much are you asking if you dont mind. Maybe I can help out.
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #6
Louvers

Hey Classy .... sounds like you have your priorities straight .... but if you are like me .... Once you get married, getting another car may not be so easy right away. Once you are married, you will want to buy a house ... then depending on your age, kids may enter the picture .... before you know it, ten years flash before your eyes and still no car By this time ... the price of a Turbo T/A will be through the roof and you will be looking back and kicking yourself for selling that awesome GTA that you once had.

Of course ... the other thing that you may consider is that she is only marrying you because you drive such a cool car ... now if that's the case, you are screwed if you sell it anyway

My advice would be to get her a ring that you can afford, get married as planned but keep the car. Once you finish your MBA, make enough money to seriously upgrade that ring ... just make certain that you upgrade the ring before the car (this is very important) ...

Oh ... and whatever you decide to do, don't let her know that you are thinking of giving up your car to buy her this ring. Just my .02 worth ... but I have been married for almost 20 years now

Darrell

My Garage
Louvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #7
CLASSYGTA

As of this morning....

Old 01-05-2008   #8
Wes

Louvers has some good points. Selling isnt the end of the world though (obviously).
I sold my pride and joy 85 T/A just after I got married because I bought a home.
Here I am, 17 years later with a GTA that puts that 85 to shame.
My neighbor did me one better. He sold his 72 'Cuda just after graduating high school, got married and had two beautiful kids. Last year (about 12 years after selling his car), he decided to get another 72 'Cuda. His brother did some searching online and found one for sale about an hour from where we live. He went up to take a look at it and....it turned out to be the 72 'Cuda he owned in high school!!!! It needs to be restored now and the original 340 is blown but he got his baby back. Now he just has to pay the bill to have it brought back.

You will get married, get your degree, buy a house, probably have a kid or 2 and someday, when the time is right, you will have the money to buy your dream back. It will probably cost you since the market has or will hit bottom on these cars very soon but if the desire is still there 5, 6, 7 or 10 years from now. You will get your ride back.

Dont let a car stand in your way of the American Dream.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #9
CLASSYGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes

Dont let a car stand in your way of the American Dream.

It won't!! Very well said! I have a great girl and she deserves the best! Eventually I will get another one when the time comes.

Selling for $5950 or best offer.

Now on cars.com....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Oh and btw...This is a great forum!! I will still stay here for a while!

Last edited by CLASSYGTA; 01-09-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2008   #10
CLASSYGTA

A few days left on ebay....Item number: 280191787747

This sucks!! I WILL get another GTA!!...when, I have no clue!!! Isn't love great!