Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 07-06-2004   #1
swace123
GTA Member

1988 GTA Convertible For Sale

Hi everyone-

I hate to do it, but I am selling my baby. It will be listed on Ebay beginning tonight (07-06-2004 at 8p, Central). I will list the description below. Pictures and bidding will be at Ebay, once the auction opens: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2483942900

Rare 1988 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA convertible. Very few GTA convertibles were ever made -some same as few as 50 for 1988, but no one seems to have reliable numbers. I have owned this car for the past 14 years - I am the second owner - I bought it from a woman who ordered it directly from General Motors as a GM employee in Janesville, Wisconsin. The convertible conversion is original and was done by GM through ASC in Michigan. It only had 27,500 miles when I bought it, and now still only has 108,000, as I have only driven it during summers and have stored it inside every winter. It is a fantastic car and I really hate to part with it.

I have never seen another GTA Convertible that has this combination of options:

It is a 5.0 Liter, Tune Port Injected, 305 HP, 5-speed manual. This car really moves.

The car has a digital dash, black exterior with custom gray and black leather interior, factory AM/FM/Cassette stereo with equalizer and steering wheel controls, a 10-disc CD-changer, is wired for XM satellite radio, has air-conditioning (recently converted to newer R134A), power locks & windows, cruise control, and a built in radar-detector. The 16 wheels (with one-year-old high performance tires) are the original gold ones and look great.

The car has been well taken care of, and runs and looks fantastic. It still gets a lot of looks and compliments. In no way is it mint or perfect, however. I have put nearly $5,000 into it over the last few years, including new high performance tires last year, a new radiator, new shocks and struts, and other mechanical items. It still has a few imperfections, such as when it starts up a small puff of smoke is emitted, which Pontiac says happens in some cars that age with that engine, but it is not harmful or worth fixing they said. The driver seat leather is worn and cracked and needs to be fixed up. The pull down motor for the trunk is a little sporadic - sometimes it works and sometime the trunk will not close all the way down. The engine light will periodically light up - Pontiac says it is a valve that sticks once and a while. This car could be put into mint condition fairly easily with a little time and energy.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 608-441-9711. This is a rare beauty.
swace123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #2
DMCPONT
GTA Member

Re: 1988 GTA Convertible For Sale

Swac.. Did you end up selling this car... ??? has it actually now gone etc.. Looked very neat.. and they are getting thinner on the ground....rarer & collectable.
DMCPONT is offline   Reply With Quote