Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-01-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

RPO C67 Electronic A/C Controls??????

Hi! Newbie GTA owner here (long time 2nd Gen Trans Am owner/fan though). I just bought a white 87 GTA 5.7L w/ 51k miles. It has the digital dash and I've read on the GTA Features link of the Source Page that this option necessitated the RPO C67 option, which is the Electronic A/C Controls. This code is on the SPI label in the center console, however, my A/C controls are push buttons (like the radio). I'm confused. Have my A/C controls been replaced? I would be interested in seeing a picture of what the digital dash with electronic A/C controls is supposed to look like from the factory. If any of you out there have a pic available, could you please email it to me? I would greatly appreciate it! My email address is RedHand@MailandNews.com

Before I bought the car I did run a CARFAX search on it and discovered that up until 1996 the car only had 23,600 miles on it, so this makes me think that it is unlikely that the A/C controls were replacedů but I just flat don't know. Any help anyone? BTW, the A/C works fine.

Thanks, and I'm glad I found you guys. Forums like these are incredible resources.
Old 11-01-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

AC CONTROLS

I THINK WHAT YOU HAVE IS CORRECT BECAUSE I HAVE A 88 GTA WITH ANALOG DASH AND MY AC CONTROLS ARE STANDARD NOT THE PUSH BUTTON STYLE SO I THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IS CONSIDERED ELECTRONIC AC CONTROLS
Old 11-01-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: RPO C67 Electronic A/C Controls??????

You have the correct controls.

Jacob
-----------
88 GTA Notchback
A4 / 350
Digital Dash
Old 11-02-2000   #4
REMOVED USER

Thanks

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your responses... good to know all is as should be! :^)
Old 02-28-2001   #5
REMOVED USER

Re: Thanks

As the electronic a/c controls is the issue, does anybody know what parts you need to convert the standard a/c controls to the push button ones? What is the difference in working between the two types? Finally does the Fiero have the same pushbutton controls and parts as the Ffirebirds with such. Anyway the pushbutton controls on Firebirds are very rare.
Old 03-01-2001   #6
REMOVED USER

controls

Hey, Since you guys brought the push-button control subject up, I might as well ask if anyone knows why mine sometimes work, sometimes only on high, and once a blue moon they work normally. Also sometimes when i shut the car off the digital dash stays lit for a few seconds and so do the controls, then theres a beep and it goes off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Later,

Dave
Old 03-17-2001   #7
REMOVED USER

Re: RPO C67 Electronic A/C Controls??????

I BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE PROPER CONTROLS ASWELL I HAVE AN 88 WITH THE DIGITAL DASH AND MINE ARE PUSH BUTTON LIKE THE RADIO ALSO.