Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2016   #1
aseyc

Rear Decklid Alignment. Not the usual fore aft

Hi guys. I tried asking this question on the TGO but no one seems to reply there. Here goes my issue.

I am noticing that the deck lid has an alignment problem. Not the usual sticking out problem which can be fixed by moving the deck lid inwards or adjusting at the body to hinges.
My decklid sits like a 1cm lower than the rear fender only on the front part (glass side) at both sides. The rear part is flush. It looks to me like there should be something between the metal decklid and the glass to allow the metal part to raise up but then I don't think its possible as it would be a perfect way to collect dust and water. Can someone take a picture of the gap between the glass and the decklid?

I am attaching mine here
aseyc is offline   Reply With Quote