Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 09-29-2009   #1
8t9transamgta

89 GTA (Iowa)

89 GTA,WS6, black, black leather, hardtop, 5.7L, auto, 24,000 miles, 3 owner car, always garaged, mostly stock all replaced parts Delco or better, some extras DAS dash cover Californa car cover Loyd mats, all fluids changed this spring, a/c converted 134A, tune up, 5K on new F-1s. Not perfect but very nice located Ames Iowa 3.5 hours West of Chicago. Price 12.5/close offer. Best to call (515)460-4414 THANKS Fresh pics posted next week.
8t9transamgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #2
8t9transamgta

Re: 89 GTA (Iowa)

89 GTA,WS6, black, black leather, hardtop, 5.7L, auto, 24,000 miles, 3 owner car, always garaged, mostly stock all replaced parts Delco or better, some extras DAS dash cover Californa car cover Loyd mats, all fluids changed spring of 09, a/c converted 134A, tune up, 6K on new F-1s, have fixed most of the GM cheapness problems already. Not perfect but very nice located Ames Iowa 3.5 hours West of Chicago 2.5 East of Omaha. Best to call (515)460-4414 THANKS

New price 10.5 FIRM don't have to sell just looking to free up some money

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/transam003.jpg/

http://img256.imageshack.us/i/transam002.jpg/

http://img18.imageshack.us/i/copyoftransam004.jpg/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of TRANS AM 004.jpg (388.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg TRANS AM 002.jpg (546.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg TRANS AM 003.jpg (296.9 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by 8t9transamgta; 04-03-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2010   #3
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Very fair price for such a sexy car!!!! Good Luck
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #4
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Nice looking GTA. Did you drive the car to the cruise to the woods car show last year?
Old 04-03-2010   #5
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Yes this does look like a really nice GTA. Just make sure you look for rust on it if you are interested to buy it. Salt on roads in winter there unfortunately, and even new cars are rusting in only a few years from it.

Yumiko
Old 04-03-2010   #6
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

GTA Year: 1988

That is an extremely nice car, almost an exact clone of my car. Mine is the same color, same tires, same engine. I would sell my car for that one because of the low miles, but I don't think I can afford it right now. If you still have it in a couple of months I would defiantly try to work something out with you. Do you have any interior shots? is it an analog dash or digital?

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK

Last edited by BigBadGTA; 04-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #7
Steveh4263

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
Yes this does look like a really nice GTA. Just make sure you look for rust on it if you are interested to buy it. Salt on roads in winter there unfortunately, and even new cars are rusting in only a few years from it.

Yumiko
I don't think he would drive that car in the winter. My car is in storage in the winter time. I would never drive my GTA in the winter with all the salt and snow on the road here in Iowa. But it would'nt hurt to check for salt damage anyway.
Old 04-04-2010   #8
8t9transamgta

Yeah I drove it to the Cruise last year and the year before and the year before that last year right before Stratford is where she turned 24K. You one of the Firebird Nation Guys? No digital dash regular gauges 140 spedo shuts down there too. I guess I thought digital was a 88 only thing. I bought it in Oct. of 06 after looking for a year and a half for one just like this the way I would have ordered one well if I wouldn't have been in middle school. I had two when I was younger(along with a 89 TA, a 87Iroc, and a couple other Fbombs)and always said one day I will own a nice one. It came from Indy well Mich. The guy I bought it from was the neighbor of the original owner they both worked at GM and both are older guys. First owner bought it drove it for a year then put it in the garage years later the neighbor had to have it so they struck a deal. In the summer of 06 the neighbor moved to Flint Mich. from Indy do to his job at GM and downsized from a house with a 2stall garage to a townhome with a single stall and her Benz got it(why who knows)so the GTA had to go still had a Indy tag and why there is no lic. bracket on the front. I drove 10 hours there to look at it then back home then took the Grayhound 18+ hours back and drove her home. That was the first 650 miles of the 4000 I have put on her. I sold my shortbox(huge mistake, me a truck guy first)before I bought one so there would be a spot in the garage then a year later I buy a acreage with more outbuildings that I will ever fill . Anyway I was told its never seen snow and it hasn't while I have had her I put her undercover in Nov. when it starts to get cold and don't get her out again till after the first rain in the spring. I havent drove her yet this year so as soon as I do I will get some fresh pics and get them posted. The biggest problem with the car is I couldn't care less if I sell it because I relieze I will never find another black on black hardtop this nice for the money which is also my biggest problem because I almost hate to drive her and I have "the list" of mods I want to do but I can't convince myself to do "its only original once" blah blah blah but if I keep it forever... Well I can't complain I guess its a good problem to have right?
Old 04-04-2010   #9
8t9transamgta

BigBadGTA I had the identical twin to yours back in the day it was my second Fbomb I bought it then come to find out it was a car I already knew a guy that was a couple years older than me had it when he was in high school his dad bought it for him used but it still had some GM warranty left. He put a 150 shot of NOS on it blew the motor up 3 times and had it replaced 3 times by GM he'd take the lines for the NOS out tow it to the dealer and play dumb the tank was in the back in the lock compartment. Also he wrecked it twice drove off a T intersection into a cornfield and went threw a fence while street racing. I didn't relieze it was the same car till a year after I had it and went to sell it a guy I know came to look at it and he said I think this is Rods old GTA so he drove it down to Rods shop and Rod said well it looks like it he said look in the center console and see if there is a sticker with a phone # on the lid there it was so the guy brought it back and said well I'm not interested. About a week later Rod called me up and made an offer but it was less than I was willing to take. I couldn't believe Rod would have wanted it back knowing all that he had done to it! I ended up selling it to a used car dealer in town for my asking price that was the only Fbody I ever sold I was happy to see go.
Old 04-04-2010   #10
Steveh4263

I'm a member of firebird nation. You would have seen my car at the cruise to the woods car show. The guy I bought my GTA from had a hard time selling it to me. I can see how he felt about the car. I fell for it when I see that color and the interior of the car. I knew you did'nt drive that car in the winter. It's a very nice car.
Old 04-04-2010   #11
Rodimus_Prime

damn i want that, but im stuck in this current car for now

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82
2007 Cobalt SS G85, Harrop 1320LSJ 75MM, 298hp 254tq
Rodimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #12
gt8

GTA Year: 1989

any interior pics?
gt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #13
8t9transamgta

Still working on pics should have new ones posted next couple of days I'm computer illiterate so please bare with me...
Old 04-24-2010   #14
8t9transamgta

Exclamation Re: 89 GTA (Iowa) LOTS and lots of photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t9transamgta View Post
Still working on pics should have new ones posted next couple of days I'm computer illiterate so please bare with me...
Well here's the pics if these links don't work somebody let me know and I'll try something eles. All these pics taken 04/20/10 still working on underside pics might be another week or two.

I didn't do a "going up town" clean up on her as I was pressed for time hence part of the reason for my parting with her but you get the idea.

Exterior pics the "specks" in the close ups is gravel dust from my driveway it was windy out I'd dust her off then the wind would blow.

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/a...TA%20exterior/

Interior pics

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/a...TA%20Interior/

Engine pics & FLAWS well the ones that would photogragh like I said before in my opionion this ain't a show car but a very nice driver.

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/a...20and%20FLAWS/

More photos misc and documentation stuff

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/a...0paper%20work/

Like I said lack of time is a major factor in my life between a 200 hour a month job that I'm out of town for 4 days a week, maintaining a acreage, daily drivers, tractors, a mower, and home improvements I don't really have the time to enjoy/care for her like I thought I would again I don't have to sell her just looking to free up some cash. Things change I guess, my loss your gain also please be serious if contacting me I don't have time for playing games or time wasters.

Last edited by 8t9transamgta; 04-24-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: updated link
Old 04-24-2010   #15
cody1989GTA
89' 350 TPI mustang killer

GTA Year: 1989

wow very impressed with the interior shots, very clean and still has the stock radio. cool

Flame Red Metallic
350 TPI
Leather seats
4 speed auto
cody1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #16
Steveh4263

That is a nice car Wes. You have taken good care of it. I wish the previous owner of my GTA would have taken as much time to take care of the car as you have. I hope you can hold onto the car. But if not I hope you find someone who appreciates the car as much as you do.
Old 04-26-2010   #17
Wes

Very nice car. Good luck with the sale.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010   #18
Josh

wow very nice car...love the low miles and the paint seems to be in great condition!
Old 05-15-2010   #19
8t9transamgta

New price: Asking $10/OBO serious cash offers will be considered found a truck I want please be realalistic your not going to buy it for 7500... Thanks Wes
Old 05-28-2010   #20
8t9transamgta

Now listed on Flea Bay auction ends Sunday June 6th 10pm Central. BIN 10 reserve is set alot lower if some one on here is interested or knows someone that is email me (with your user name) and I'll mail you the reserve I'd prefer she goes to somebody that knows what she is and will give her a good home since I'm giving her away...