Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 05-05-2007   #21
Louvers

Re: Wow what a sales pitch

Okay Yumiko ... This was my responce back just for you!

Okay ... so I like to give a person the benefit of the doubt. Tell me why then would you purchase GTA emblems to put on the car if your intention wasn't to trick or scam an unsuspecting buyer? No need to deny purchasing them either because they are listed in your purchase history. Call me crazy but doing things like that may make a person believe that you are clearly attempting a scam auction here on ebay which also has been reported by the way. If you have even a sliver of integrity, I would suggest that you close this auction and start over again with a little honesty next time. One final note, you might also want to mention that the car has been in a collision. Yes, people do actually check with Carfax.

This is sort of fun busting these jerks

Darrell
Louvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #22
tandy806

Great job on busting his chops. I asked him some of the same questions. I doubt he will reply to you either. He knows by now he has been caught by the GTA cops....I must admit it feels good to give these jerks a hard time. In my book they are no better than a common horse thief.... Tnndy
tandy806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #23
Louvers

Well ... I guess we finally struck a nerve with this jerk. He emailed back a very irritated note defending his so called "honesty".

I don't care if YOU think I am scamming. It is stated in my auction. And I put the emblems on for MY personal choice because I do like the look of the GTA. I have a lot of emails complimenting the car! A scammer would be someone who does not include information as to it NOT being a GTA.

I had no intention of selling this car until a business opportunity arose!

Do yourself a favor and find something better to do than harass an ebayer! This email will be my last to you since you have NO RESPECT for the people that do HONEST business on ebay!!!!!!

SEE YA ............. please feel free to let ebay know about ALL of the other scams I see on their site like $60,000.00 cars for $15,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy probably can't remember one lie from the next because he has so many piled on top of one another. The good news is that we all know he won't sell this car for even close to what he's trying to scam for it and at the very least if he continues to lie about it, it will come back around to him full circle.

Darrell
Old 05-06-2007   #24
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Yes that is quite funny. And after you pointed out that it shows how he purchased the emblems only a few months ago, he really got angry because of that. Obviously this incident will stay with him and the next time he does something like this on e-bay, he may think twice before doing it in fears that this may happen again where people will know what he is up to. Great work. Yumiko
Old 05-06-2007   #25
tandy806

This guy will not even respond to any of my questions now. I guess he is tired of being on the "hot seat" for being a big fat liar...
Maybe we should take this approach to all the "fake" GTA auctions we find. This might slow them down a bit. Tandy
Old 05-06-2007   #26
cruesix
stud-mo-dee

while your at it can you start getting all the idiots that put "corvette engine" in there ad's for gta's?? that drives me absolutly crazy..corvette engines and gta engines couldnt be more differnt,yet i see at least one ad a week for a trans am or gta that they say has the same engine as a corvette...makes me nuts...

on another note,did you guys see my ad for my 88 gta on ebay? i put something in the ad just for you guys,but no ones called me on it yet..i know how much it drive you guys crazy when someone puts in a 1 of whater number for something..so i thew in a 1 of 532 for the leather seats to see if you guys would bug me about it..although the number is accurate and from this site,it really adds nothing to the value of the car imo..so i though for sure someone here would bust my balls for putting it in there..
cruesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #27
tandy806

This guy has now just about completly changed his entire description. Anyone that was serious about the car would have to wonder why. This idiot got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and is now back peddling as fast as he can. Tandy
Old 05-06-2007   #28
Louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruesix
while your at it can you start getting all the idiots that put "corvette engine" in there ad's for gta's?? that drives me absolutly crazy..corvette engines and gta engines couldnt be more differnt,yet i see at least one ad a week for a trans am or gta that they say has the same engine as a corvette...makes me nuts...

on another note,did you guys see my ad for my 88 gta on ebay? i put something in the ad just for you guys,but no ones called me on it yet..i know how much it drive you guys crazy when someone puts in a 1 of whater number for something..so i thew in a 1 of 532 for the leather seats to see if you guys would bug me about it..although the number is accurate and from this site,it really adds nothing to the value of the car imo..so i though for sure someone here would bust my balls for putting it in there..
There's no reason to bust your balls if the info was accurate! LOL
Old 05-06-2007   #29
gtayumiko
GTA Member

I do not know much about the numbers part of it all. I did notice that black 1988 GTA and for some odd reason the seller lists it as a notchback style GTA. But from the photographs posted, it is just the basic GTA hatchback. Yumiko