Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 05-04-2007   #1
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Wow what a sales pitch

This guy has quite a sales pitch for this car. Makes me so excited just to read it I may want to buy it.....not! Notice the close up of photograph with the rim in it. Notice that it is a 1988 and older style rim with the dimples. Incredible! And fender vents and GTA emblems mix like drinking and driving. Yumiko

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...12759627QQrdZ1
Old 05-04-2007   #2
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Re: Wow what a sales pitch

Oh and check this out! If you look at his feedback you can see that he purchased the black emblems on February 28th for $149.00. Truly someone with no shame.....Yumiko
Old 05-04-2007   #3
tandy806

Wow a1985 GTA. All this time I thought I had the year of car that was produced the first year.
I sent this jerk an email and asked him to do the right thing. I also reported him to Ebay. I turned him in as running a fraudulent auction. I hope they shut him down. I like Ebay as a whole but it is jerks like this that give it a bad name. Tandy
tandy806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #4
subliminal

I just sent him a message informing him that I was on to his scam, and there is no such thing as a 1985 GTA.
subliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #5
Louvers

Wow!!! What a jerk! It does make you want to scream out and call this guy on the scammer that he clearly is. Don't you love the "spared no expense" comment and he only put a 3k paint job on what (if it were a real GTA) would be a high valued classic with that low of mileage.

Good job Tandy on reporting him .... and good job Yumiko exposing him in the first place .... I only hope that you didn't tell him what was wrong with the car like so many others have done in the past. My fear is that he will gain knowledge and just try to sell it through other means when he is armed with more accurate information.

The good thing is ... it would take a complete fool to buy his car at his asking price anyway.

Darrell

My Garage
Louvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #6
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I hope that they teach him a lesson. What an idiot. Thanks for postin this.
Oh and if he repliues to your emails paste them on here.

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #7
gtayumiko
GTA Member

At the end of his write up he says the only thing that makes a GTA a GTA is the emblems and paint. There is so much wrong with this car besides the emblems. How about the steering wheel. The leather on the spokes is too short for one thing. Also the speedometer in his car only goes to 80 with digits and to 90 if you count the tick marks after 80. At first I was thinking the paint was new. But looking at it closely, it may have been painted a year or more ago, but it is not completely just freshly painted. He should have posted his "GTA" for auction on April 1st instead. Yumiko
Old 05-04-2007   #8
tandy806

Well here it is. He changed the description part. This guy is really an idiot. My reply told him so. I told him he should have just been honest from the start and tried to sell a nice TA. I only sent him one message to begin with and he accused me of sending him three. He must not be able to read very well either....

[

Last edited by tandy806; 05-04-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2007   #9
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988

Oh, my Lord.... what an idiot. This guy makes all of us GTA and Trans Am enthusiasts look bad. I hope eBay pulls this one for dishonest sales practices. Let's see....

<< Enter any show and win 1st place guarenteed! NO expense was spared to keep this car in its ORIGINAL state!! >>

He's right.... no expense would be spared to keep the car in its original state. It wouldn't cost a dime. But somehow a $3,000 paint job ventures outside the realm of "original".... and how about those custom two-toned GTA seats.....?

<< Just for the record the GTA did not come out until 1987. The only difference between the GTA and the plain TA is the GTA had monochromatic paint and emblems, thats it. The base TA had a 2-tone paint. SO for those who are bidding this is a Trans AM with the GTA badging and Monochromatic paint. >>

Oh, my, an attack of conscience almost hits.... but no, he must embelish this with yet more ignorance.

Tandy must have stung him pretty good.

Basically, this is what I think, class:

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #10
Louvers

Okay .. you will all think that this is a little harsh but this guy really ticks me off... Here's the message that I sent to him this morning.

I don't mean to be rude ... but are you mental? The only difference between a GTA and a standard TA is the paint and emblems? Any real car enthusiast will think that you are a complete fool making that comment. Your car looks nice and you don't need to lie about it. The GTA is the high end of the series and I hate to burst your bubble but as a real GTA owner there are so many differences that you need to go to school on this one. I am sure that you have received other strong responses about this because it makes you appear completely dishonest. If you want to call it an attempted GTA clone which by the way also hurts the value of real TA ... then at least you will have about one ounce of credibitly with the sell of this car. People that try underhanded tricks like you are doing really offend all of us that are completely honest in this world.

Darrell
Old 05-05-2007   #11
tandy806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvers
Okay .. you will all think that this is a little harsh but this guy really ticks me off... Here's the message that I sent to him this morning.

I don't mean to be rude ... but are you mental? The only difference between a GTA and a standard TA is the paint and emblems? Any real car enthusiast will think that you are a complete fool making that comment. Your car looks nice and you don't need to lie about it. The GTA is the high end of the series and I hate to burst your bubble but as a real GTA owner there are so many differences that you need to go to school on this one. I am sure that you have received other strong responses about this because it makes you appear completely dishonest. If you want to call it an attempted GTA clone which by the way also hurts the value of real TA ... then at least you will have about one ounce of credibitly with the sell of this car. People that try underhanded tricks like you are doing really offend all of us that are completely honest in this world.

Great response!!!! This guy has to be wondering what kind of hornets nest he opened up. Lets see how he reacts. Tandy

Darrell
Old 05-05-2007   #12
Wes

I really hate to have to pile on to this guy (ok, maybe not) but I ran a Carfax on this beauty and it shows that it was involved in a collision. Maybe that explains the paint job.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #13
cruesix
stud-mo-dee

what a shame..its a very nice trans am..why do people insist on putting gta emblems on them and then try to pass it off as a gta..it is so unnecessary this guy indeed is a fool..

he should have saved his money on the emblems and spent it to put the factory rims back on it,and to have the bottom repainted gold and installed the factory trans am emblems and trim tape.. that would be a cool car!!!
cruesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #14
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991

Quote:
If you have any questions call 610-316-0118
Well, we could all take turns calling.

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007   #15
tandy806

Just got an email from this guy. He said he was new to ebay. Sorry but he has been a member for a year and a half. He even lies in his emails. He also said he was getting alot of emails about it not being a GTA, and next time he would not include that in his description, and I quote, " like everyone else does" He is an idiot, he just does not understand. Some people just can't be helped. Tandy
Old 05-05-2007   #16
tandy806

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruesix
what a shame..its a very nice trans am..why do people insist on putting gta emblems on them and then try to pass it off as a gta..it is so unnecessary this guy indeed is a fool..

he should have saved his money on the emblems and spent it to put the factory rims back on it,and to have the bottom repainted gold and installed the factory trans am emblems and trim tape.. that would be a cool car!!!
Exactly, here is one very similar to his that is correct. Very nice car. Tandy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-05-2007   #17
Louvers

Okay ... perhaps he's getting our point. Here's his response back to my comments:

"Hi,

Thanks for your opinion. I am not in to TA's as much as yourself. but the only reason I put GTA in my TITLE is to get all that are interested in a car that looks like the GTA. In my description I ONLY STATE that this is a Trans AM (not GTA). I have added to the description that it is NOT a GTA. And by my feedback I do not scam or try tricks. If this car does not sell I will re-list and state NOT GTA in the title to at least accomplish all of those who wish to view a car that LOOKS like the GTA. Sorry you have strong reservations about my listing but rest assured IF you see it re-listed I will absolutely make known that this is NOT a GTA. Thanks for the response. It helps me in my future listings. I respect everyone's opinion and honesty! Have a great day!!"

We all know he's full of it ... but at least he knows he's been caught.

Darrell
Old 05-05-2007   #18
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

No, Darrell, that's not harsh in the least. The guy has a nice car to start with; trying to pass it off as a GTA will hurt the value more than being honest about it in the first place, IMO. Third-Gen cars are starting to get popular enough again that people are starting to know what is correct and what is not correct. Car-to-car, it's more expensive to a seller to come across as a fool than it is to come across as an honest person.

Weren't the '85s available in monochrome? I know there was a picture of a monochrome maroon T/A in the brochure that year. That brochure converted me back to a ThirdGen Firebird guy again.

I'm proud of everybody here getting this guy's attention, to say the very least. The GTA Source Page Message Forums "Vigilantes" are on the job!

Old 05-05-2007   #19
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

<< but the only reason I put GTA in my TITLE is to get all that are interested in a car that looks like the GTA. >>

OMG! The only reason it looks like a GTA is because he put GTA emblems and rims on it....

You're right, Darrell, he knows he's busted. But he still doesn't want to give in on it.

What a cremepuff....

Old 05-05-2007   #20
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruesix
what a shame..its a very nice trans am..why do people insist on putting gta emblems on them and then try to pass it off as a gta..
He did that because he wants more money for it, his buy it now is $14,000 and he knows that it is somewhat difficult to sell an average used Trans Am for that amount.

Has anyone told him of the emblems in his history? That is completely proof of his dishonest intentions to put GTA emblems on it, pass it off as a GTA and have a buy it now price of $14,000 with the sales pitch to get people thinking to do it because it is worth it. If I had an ebay acount, I would send him a message too. Yumiko