Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016   #41
rhomanski
The Born Loser
 
rhomanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southside Batesville Arkansas
Posts: 396



GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

That'll be handy where gas prices are really high.
__________________
A Country Is Built On Cooperation
An Empire Is Built On Slaves
rhomanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #42
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 247


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhomanski View Post
That'll be handy where gas prices are really high.
Yeah those are really good numbers. but I don't mind the tradeoff of sacrificing mpg for the benefit of more HP though.
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #43
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5
 
1badGTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,216


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
Yeah those are really good numbers. but I don't mind the tradeoff of sacrificing mpg for the benefit of more HP though.
I get ya. I am older and I have my toy for when I want HP. I look more for comfort and good gas mileage for travelling to work. dont do that much now due to public transit.
__________________
1988 5.0 TPI 5-Speed GTA 1 of 809 made
22,000 miles - original floor mats
1badGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #44
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 247


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
I get ya. I am older and I have my toy for when I want HP. I look more for comfort and good gas mileage for travelling to work. dont do that much now due to public transit.
Just wait for a few protests to get caught up in. You'll soon hate the commute. Since you're in the area now, did you hear about that moron sitting on top of a train car in San Jose yesterday? Had only shorts on so obviously no weapon on him, yet the cops closed off everything for 24 hours to talk him down. Light rail was stopped completely. Bus bridge in place for the morning and evening commutes. Why not just go up there with three to four guys and take him down off there? But no, they gave him a blanket to keep warm. If I was in charge I would have drenched him with cold water and since this ordeal started in the wee hours of the morning, he'd a been done, good and ready to come down off there on his own by 6am or so.

Last edited by JonBlake; 05-06-2016 at 01:46 PM.
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #45
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5
 
1badGTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,216


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
Just wait for a few protests to get caught up in. You'll soon hate the commute. Since you're in the area now, did you hear about that moron sitting on top of a train car in San Jose yesterday? Had only shorts on so obviously no weapon on him, yet the cops closed off everything for 24 hours to talk him down. Light rail was stopped completely. Bus bridge in place for the morning and evening commutes. Why not just go up there with three to four guys and take him down off there? But no, they gave him a blanket to keep warm. If I was in charge I would have drenched him with cold water and since this ordeal started in the wee hours of the morning, he'd a been done, good and ready to come down off there on his own by 6am or so.
yeah that would have worked better. didnt affect my line.
My office is going to open an east bay location so I will be able to drive to work by the end of the year.
__________________
1988 5.0 TPI 5-Speed GTA 1 of 809 made
22,000 miles - original floor mats
1badGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016   #46
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 247


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
yeah that would have worked better. didnt affect my line.
My office is going to open an east bay location so I will be able to drive to work by the end of the year.
If you're living in Walnut Creek and driving to the east bay, chances are you will be using 880. Good luck with the commute. I'm in Pacifica now because I got tired of commuting to work over a bridge and miles of gridlock traffic every day. I'm originally from Fremont, born and raised. But I've got a pretty stable job in San Bruno so I found a few roommates and rent a house in Pacifica.

What used to take me 1 and sometimes 2 hours commute one way during rush hour traffic (when there are no major accidents, road closers, etc.) now only takes me 15 to 20 minutes to drive. Bridge tolls, fuel, wear and tear on vehicle all add up. Plus so much time out of my day just commuting.

Jon
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016   #47
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5
 
1badGTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,216


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
If you're living in Walnut Creek and driving to the east bay, chances are you will be using 880. Good luck with the commute. I'm in Pacifica now because I got tired of commuting to work over a bridge and miles of gridlock traffic every day. I'm originally from Fremont, born and raised. But I've got a pretty stable job in San Bruno so I found a few roommates and rent a house in Pacifica.

What used to take me 1 and sometimes 2 hours commute one way during rush hour traffic (when there are no major accidents, road closers, etc.) now only takes me 15 to 20 minutes to drive. Bridge tolls, fuel, wear and tear on vehicle all add up. Plus so much time out of my day just commuting.

Jon
yeah I qwill try to stay bart even if my job moves to Pleasanton...
\
__________________
1988 5.0 TPI 5-Speed GTA 1 of 809 made
22,000 miles - original floor mats
1badGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016   #48
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 247


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
yeah I qwill try to stay bart even if my job moves to Pleasanton...
\
In that case seems like you'll be ok. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton are pretty close to each other. When you mentioned "East Bay" I was figuring you were talking somewhere along 680 or 880.
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016   #49
lee01
Registered User
 
lee01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 75


Re: 1989 Pontiac GTA -> Pace Car TTA Clone

Sold
__________________

1989 TTA Tribute
lee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1989 GTA parts car GTABill GTA PARTS FOR SALE 3 07-17-2014 07:37 PM
*** FS: 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA..50k miles..NY *** CLASSYGTA GTA CARS FOR SALE 25 02-24-2012 12:57 PM
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA JohnnyGTA87 GTA CARS FOR SALE 7 10-18-2010 02:08 PM
1:18 Scale 1989 20th Pontiac Turbo Trans Am (TTA) – White without pace Car Decals TX_1987_GTA GTA MISC 1 10-20-2008 02:09 PM
IN STOCK 1:18 1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA 89 ta GTA MISC 45 09-22-2008 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.