Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 05-21-2012   #21
MRM

Re: 89 68k mi 5.7 3rd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonygxp View Post
MRM, with all do respect, two things. 1st: the emblems are exactly where they're supposed to be, feel free to bring a ruler and measure for yourself lol and 2nd: you're out of your mind about the G8 getting more looks/attention than my GTA. The pics do not do this car justice, it's eye catching, the color, condition, lack of any third gens looking this pristine just sitting still. I pass 10 G8's a day and never give a second look (they resemble most 4 door sedans out there) this is 24yo and does not. I think your opinion is not shared by the masses. Your G8 next to my GTA in a parking lot nobody would give the G8 a second look if the GTA was there lol I love the G8 but not for it's head turning ability. For not turning heads.

PS: only 990 or so of my Brilliant red/Beechwood Leather Interior GTA's were made in '89 (only year you could get a 5.7 and factory CC1 Fisher T-Tops) Far less than any G8's built. Only Pacific Slate and Stryker Blue G8's have lower production numbers than my GTA. For the last figure, only 29k or so GTA's were built from '87 through '92 (6 model years) compared with nearly 38k G8's built in '08 &'09.
I wasn't downing your car. If I had the money and a place to keep it, I'd probably buy it myself.

I'm sure my opinion on the looks of each car is not shared by many on this board since it is a GTA board. All I was getting at was the last few years I had my GTA, I didn't get very many looks or comments. But by that point the car was already 12-14 years old, the paint was starting to get away. That might have had a lot to do with it. Anyway, good luck on your sale. You have a good one there, especially with those new seats.
MRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #22
Tonygxp

Car is SOLD!!Sad to see it go, it looked beautiful sitting in my friend's driveway. Good owner, car will be well cared for at least, appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Mods please turn the lights out on my beautiful Bird. New owner is NOT going to visit here. barely uses the internet. he doesn't even text!!
Tonygxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #23
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

I have prepared myself for the time that I also sell my GTA. I have taken many photographs of it but most importantly, I have video recorded driving my GTA all over starting in 1991 until 2011. I have not recorded any video during 2012, yet. I must have at least 100 hours of video footage of driving my GTA around throughout all of those years, possibly more since I have never added it all up to see. So when I sell it some day, if I miss driving in it, I will just watch the video that I made of driving it. I have them all on DVD so they should be ok after many years and driving on the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, in San Francisco, and various highways around the entire area. I was watching the videos that I made in 1991 and it is so interesting to see how many things have changed since then. It is interesting how I forget how everything looked but the moment that I watch the videos, I see things that I have not seen in twenty years that come back to my memory like they never left. Anyways.......

New chapter in your life now. Enjoy your Pontiac G8.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 05-21-2012 at 11:30 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #24
Tonygxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
I have prepared myself for the time that I also sell my GTA. I have taken many photographs of it but most importantly, I have video recorded driving my GTA all over starting in 1991 until 2011. I have not recorded any video during 2012, yet. I must have at least 100 hours of video footage of driving my GTA around throughout all of those years, possibly more since I have never added it all up to see. So when I sell it some day, if I miss driving in it, I will just watch the video that I made of driving it. I have them all on DVD so they should be ok after many years and driving on the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, in San Francisco, and various highways around the entire area. I was watching the videos that I made in 1991 and it is so interesting to see how many things have changed since then. It is interesting how I forget how everything looked but the moment that I watch the videos, I see things that I have not seen in twenty years that come back to my memory like they never left. Anyways.......

New chapter in your life now. Enjoy your Pontiac G8.

Yumiko
Thanks. I'm actually already scanning the third gens for sale. if i see one i like for a good price i may do the same thing i just did, this time i'll sell it properly and make a $ or two lol
Tonygxp is offline   Reply With Quote