Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 01-15-2009   #1
CLASSYGTA

*** FS: 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA..50k miles..NY ***

So after finding out what these damn wedding halls cost it maybe time to let her go. I love this car but I love my fiancé more!! What is the next best thing to a 1989 Turbo Trans Am??... my 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA.

This Y84 GTA has the big 5.7L TPI 350 V8 engine. It has fewer than 50k original miles on her. The 350 is running on 5w30 Mobil 1 synthetic and runs great! The 700R4 tranny shifts as designed. It has the WS6 suspension and all wheel disc brakes (rear aluminum pbr calipers). THIS IS A TURN KEY AND GO GTA!!!
This is a clean, unmolested and unmodified GTA that was absolutely not beat or abused on!! I bought it from the original 'female' owner and is FULLY documented with Window Sticker and Bill of Sale. Price for the pinstripe was $89 back in 89'!!

The exterior color is White with Gold (tape) pinstripes with all the original GTA badges and Gold rims. Interior is Camel leather which is in AMAZING condition. No rips in the leather and still smells like new!! Comes with the original floor mats too! It also has the original Delco stock cassette radio w/eq.Center console is in fantastic condition and it has the very rare six (6) tape cassette holder in the console. The previous owner had the GTA's undercarriage and engine compartment 'oiled' to prevent ageing and rust to form. A real plus to conserve the car. The tires are Goodyear Eagle's with I would say 70-80% remaining. It has a Clifford alarm but the fuse is pulled out because she said it was annoying that the doors automatically lock. I have the fuse if you want to put it back in. The rear spoiler has the common spider web paint cracks due to the rubber compound (common on GTA's & TA's as you may be aware of) which is only noticeable if you are looking right at the spoiler, not bad at all. The driver’s side plastic lower hood vent is 'slightly' warped. Because this car has been in NY, it is required to have front license plates. Honestly I think the car is more visually appealing without it so I took the plate holder off (goes with you) and put the four (4) screws back in the bumpers to cover the holes. It is up to you if you want the plates on or off. This is all very minor cosmetic issues that does NOT have to be fixed but I just want you to be aware off. The GTA should use a tune-up which I am trying to get to if I am not running around looking at flower pieces for the tables. I bought all OEM (ACDelco) parts through the pontiac dealer. The only thing I have done to the GTA was tinting the windows (20%) as the car is once again more visually appealing. The car is CLEAN!! I am just being honest.

The GTA is currently garaged and covered. The pics are from a few days to about a month old. The GTA also has a clean carfax...No Accidents!! The car is straight! This is my second GTA, the exact GTA combo that I always wanted (White/Camel Leather/T-Tops/5.7L) and I finally got her but after finally realizing the reality cost for the wedding... well its just not the right time to have her. (Note: For you people that are not familiar with NY wedding hall prices, lets just say they will give it to you so good in your a$$ you wont have anytime to lube up!) Now going back to the GTA, I do not want to sell it and don't really have to, but if there is a buyer then it could go or else it stays. I want her to go to a good home. This car will be worth allot more $$ soon. It is also eligible for collectors insurance too!

This is a very rare and unique car that is getting EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND in this condition. If you want a true head turner then look no more!! Everyone looks and the compliments given says it all!! This is truly one BAD A$$ GTA!!

Pics tell the story...A true head turner!! If there are any questions to be answered please feel free to contact me. I have more detailed pics. Asking $10,500 neg. Located in Yonkers, NY. I have more pics if you are interested, but please if you do not have the funds...don't waste my time. The GTA is sold as-is. (Just need to write that down) Thanks!!

More pics can be found here...
http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/s...481#post409481

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/fi...ml#post4008257
CLASSYGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
GTA50

Re: *** FS: 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA..50k miles..NY ***

Dang Classy. Of course there is more to life than these cars, but to have sold your black one and now to be selling this beautiful one.....

Well, the sacrifices you are making are exemplary. I sure hope that is appreciated.
GTA50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009   #3
bimmerzhp

This was a beautiful car. I went to see it. I was going to buy it today and found out he sold it yesterday. Any others for sale in this condition?
bimmerzhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009   #4
CLASSYGTA

Thanks & Sorry Joe!

The GTA has been SOLD!!
Old 10-24-2009   #5
madman3

Exclamation Re: *** FS: 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA..50k miles..NY ***

ALERT !!!!!!!
Hi, Someone has a GTA posted using the same "brick wall pic" you have posted here. Says its for sale located in Mass. Same EXACT car, same EXACT pic. Something "FUNNY" here guys. be careful. You can view it on carsonline.com , it is listed as an 88 with 28k. mi, for 9500. One of these guys isn't being honest. The other one posted has a digital dash, (at least there's a pic of one) but the brick wall pic is the EXACT same pic. I'm just trying to find a nice, low mile GTA with T's. Why is there always some BS like this? Be careful!!!!!
madman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #6
bimmerzhp

I can vouch for classygta. I saw the car. The person on cars on line used the photo. I would contact the person on that website.
Old 10-25-2009   #7
madman3

The car is in maryland, my mistake. Thanks for the reply. The guy is supposed to call me today and was insistant that his pics are REAL. Either way, ONE of these guys stole a pic from the other. Sad.
Old 10-27-2009   #8
gorin002
GM Enthusiast

so what happend ?
gorin002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #9
CLASSYGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerzhp View Post
I can vouch for classygta. I saw the car. The person on cars on line used the photo. I would contact the person on that website.
Thanks Joe....Did you ever buy a GTA??

Guys...these are MY pictures of MY old GTA. The brick wall is located in Bronxville, NY to clarify. Someone else has "taken" my pictures for there use.

BTW: I miss my GTA!!
Old 11-02-2009   #10
bimmerzhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSYGTA View Post
Thanks Joe....Did you ever buy a GTA??

Guys...these are MY pictures of MY old GTA. The brick wall is located in Bronxville, NY to clarify. Someone else has "taken" my pictures for there use.

BTW: I miss my GTA!!
No still searching.
Old 11-06-2009   #11
MINT89GTA

Joe, you have got some patience I was just scrolling thru and realized you still hadnt purchased the gem that is out there somewhere. good luck and happy hunting.
-Drew/Boston
MINT89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #12
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Just like I was searching for 5 years. I found mine Keep the faith and also use craiglook.com!
Old 11-10-2009   #13
bimmerzhp

All I have is time. I will not rush or settle for something I do not want.
Old 11-11-2009   #14
madman3

he just sent me more pics today. I dont know who to trust. I will probably just pass on it, and find another one. It shoulodnt be THIS hard to buy a frigin car.
Old 11-11-2009   #15
moddman

don't feel alone.i've been trying for 2 months and counting trying to get a deal done on the same car.getting very frustrated.i have widened my search to say the least.good luck
moddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #16
bimmerzhp

I waited 3 years to find my last mustang I bought. I hope I do not have to wait 3 years for my GTA!!
Old 11-12-2009   #17
moddman

i can't wait that long.the cash is burning a whole in my jeans
Old 11-13-2009   #18
ThunderChicken
Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddman View Post
i can't wait that long.the cash is burning a whole in my jeans
You know...I can help you with that problem. LOL. I need cash BAD!

Click here for Firebird Fest of the Carolinas Information!!
ThunderChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #19
moddman

yah i bet you can.not that i have lots that's for sure but if i don't find something soon i'm scared i'll spend it.nice ride by the way!!!!
Old 11-13-2009   #20
ThunderChicken
Hoarder

Thanks!! You'd never believe she has 152k miles on her, would you?

Click here for Firebird Fest of the Carolinas Information!!
ThunderChicken is offline   Reply With Quote