Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2005   #1
nblanchard
GTA Member

Angry Ugh... damn drivers seat!!!!

This past weekend, I was getting in my car, and when I sat down in the seat something snapped... thought it was the mechanism that allowed the seat to tilt back (the handle onthe right hand side of the seat)... but upon further inspection, the metal frame for the seat tore right apart. There appears to be sheet metal in there and it literally tore apart, and continues to do so. So... I guess I'm going to try welding it carefully using a jig to keep the mounting points precise.

Has this happened to anyone else here? Sux being a fat guy man... I weigh in around 300lbs, so its no wonder it gave... but it still sux. Looks like I'm going to have one grey seat amongst the black, in my car for a little while... pisses me off... been such a bad year for my baby. I think it's jealous cause my beater is Ford Tempo

225.5hp @ 4250rpm (at the wheels)
325.8ft-lbs @ 3250rpm (at the wheels)
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote