Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Paxton

Post Did I just accidentally buy a unicorn?

What I think I have:
1987 Canadian GTA 5.7 TPI Auto T-Top metric Digital dash. She ain't much to look at but the motor has about 116k on it but runs beautifully.

I'm new to GTAs but I after some reading on this incredible site I think that in the process of buying a randomly inexpensive car for my Trans Am nut cousin who had helped me through a rough time I might have accidentally bought a Unicorn. He couldn't accept it and I was about to trade it for an old toyota truck but I would rather it go to an appreciative home if its an unusual combination of options. I paid the $5 and got a Compnine. I'll attach the link for your review. I was Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.compnine.com/mycar.php?id...b5287885f2f665
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
bob2002gtp
1987 GTA and 1984 TA

Re: Did I just accidentally buy a unicorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
What I think I have:
1987 Canadian GTA 5.7 TPI Auto T-Top metric Digital dash. She ain't much to look at but the motor has about 116k on it but runs beautifully.

I'm new to GTAs but I after some reading on this incredible site I think that in the process of buying a randomly inexpensive car for my Trans Am nut cousin who had helped me through a rough time I might have accidentally bought a Unicorn. He couldn't accept it and I was about to trade it for an old toyota truck but I would rather it go to an appreciative home if its an unusual combination of options. I paid the $5 and got a Compnine. I'll attach the link for your review. I was Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.compnine.com/mycar.php?id...b5287885f2f665
The 1987 did have 5.7 engines with t-tops but only in Canada. The digital dash can switch between km and mph.
bob2002gtp is offline   Reply With Quote