Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 04-04-2013   #1
87tunedport

new member with problem

hello everyone my name is Steven i just bought my first ever Trans Am while its not an actual GTA i have alot of the GTA items in my car the digital dash, the 5.7 tuned port, body kit, wheels, spoiler. hopefully i will be accepted by the community (fingers crossed lol) anyway its an 87 Trans Am i picked up for 900 it has some issues so i probably will be hanging out here alot. anyways i was seeing "F Lamps" on my DIC ever since i bought the car and started investigating it i pulled my side marker lights and noticed these bulbs (left one was in driver side, right was in pass) one looks like an LED bulb other i cannot make out the number on. i know im supposed to use 1157 bulbs, cause the system is so sensitive to the resistance could this be the root of my problem? any advice is appreciated thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trans am 019.JPG (757.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by 87tunedport; 04-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
87tunedport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #2
87tunedport

Re: new member with problem

also noticed my turn signal bulbs were 2057 could that be it too?
Old 04-04-2013   #3
92rszz4

see if this help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130404134822323.jpg (73.9 KB, 13 views)
92rszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #4
87tunedport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rszz4 View Post
see if this help
ok now im confused. i was surprised by my owners manual specs say my rutn signals used 2057 my headlamps used H6054 and my park lights used 194. people tell me i need 1157 in my turn signals and the one you posted is totally different. i should probably go by my owners manual right? what are the headlights your using?
Old 04-05-2013   #5
92rszz4

I have followed the manual and all my lights work fine
92rszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #6
87tunedport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rszz4 View Post
I have followed the manual and all my lights work fine
thats how it is on mine i replaced all the bulbs in the front end and i still got the F Lamps on my DIC so it has to be a problem with my lamp monitoring module
Old 04-06-2013   #7
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Welcome to this site! No worries just because you do not have GTA. They are basically the same thing really except for some of the items and some of the rpo codes. Good luck with your Pontiac no matter if it is GTA, Firebird, Trans Am or Forumla. They are basically all of the same, just some have extra special options that makes them nice to have. Mine is special to me only just because it was my very first car that I ever had in my life, I bought it during the time in my life that I had the greatest time, and I have had it for twentysix years now. This is the only things that makes my GTA special to me. If it did not have these, I most likely would probably not still have it today. Actually I would not have it now if these special things about my GTA were not there.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 04-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #8
87tunedport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
Welcome to this site! No worries just because you do not have GTA. They are basically the same thing really except for some of the items and some of the rpo codes. Good luck with your Pontiac no matter if it is GTA, Firebird, Trans Am or Forumla. They are basically all of the same, just some have extra special options that makes them nice to have. Mine is special to me only just because it was my very first car that I ever had in my life, I bought it during the time in my life that I had the greatest time, and I have had it for twentysix years now. This is the only things that makes my GTA special to me. If it did not have these, I most likely would probably not still have it today. Actually I would not have it now if these special things about my GTA were not there.

Yumiko
thanks i appreciate the positive words. with this being my first Trans Am ever im learning so much, and the car is becoming very special to me very fast. happy to be here