Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 02-17-2005   #1
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Diecast Alert: 3rdgen T/a Is Out....

Got my 1:18 KITT car today that is just out from RC/ERTL.... and it is pretty impressive in person. The proportions look right to these eyes, and I think this will make an excellent platform for the upcoming Recaro T/A that is listed as being available in August '05 from ERTL.

There are obvious differences in this car as it represents the Knight Rider TV car and not so much the production T/A from that year. The interior is highly detailed, and the TV nose looks good to me.... the flashing red light kills me.

The only obvious body difference I notice is that the hatch is completely framed with metal instead of being an entire piece of glass as the 1:1 cars were. This is not really noticable on the black car, but would really stick out on a different color.

Still, for a first 3rdGen diecast.... it's a definite home run.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #2
DMCPONT
GTA Member

Re: Diecast Alert: 3rdgen T/a Is Out....

Where did you pickup your Frankie... any good links..??
DC
DMCPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #3
PhillyTurboSix
cRaCk wH0rE

Looks good! I like that nose! I wish they would come out with a TTA sometime soon!!

86 Buick Grand National CF5 car. Sexy Stocker
87 Buick Grand National CC1 car. All the go fast mods and some chrome.
89 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #396 CC1 Leather. Stock 30K on it. Featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines Feb. 2006

NEW pictures here! CLICK HERE!

Everything you wanted to know about the 1989 20th Anniversary TTA right here.. http://89tta.turbobuicks.net/
PhillyTurboSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005   #4
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

DC, I had to get mine from eBay, as no one around me carries that line of ERTL products. The closest hobby stores are 100 miles away from me, and they did not carry it. In my area, it's Wal-Mart or nothing. In which case 95% of the time means.... nothing.

PTS, I have a possible new line on a company that the specializes in Indianapolis 500-related diecasts that I am trying to make a run on to see if there is interest in possibly getting the 1989 TTA made. They just released a 1980 Turbo T/A Indy Pace car that is very nice (except for that it has a non-standard shaker hood). Hopefully the response will be positive.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #5
KnightRider3702
A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man...who does not exist

I like it very much...being a huge KR nut like myself....looks accurate enough to be able to be used as a stunt model...LoL....just need a mini-Hasselhoff

83 T/A, 305 HO, 5-Spd, 3.23, T-Tops, Wht ext, Blu/Blk int(Vnl/Clth cmb)
This is being parted out. Ask and most likely, if the price is right, ye shall receive. IM/PM/E-mail me for requests or more info
KnightRider3702 is offline   Reply With Quote