Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 10-22-2005   #1
CheapGTA

Unhappy UMMM, i think i got duped

After working o the car today, i am uncertain if this is a real GTA.

The Spi is there, but this '88 has drum rear brakes, a standard pointiac steering wheel, The seats lokk nothing like what the pictures in the "authentication" section show, the emblem on the driver's headlight is silver. The emblems on the fenders are in the correct spots, but both fenders have the "gills" down below the emblems, Which it should not have,right?

I only paid 350 for this car, so i'm not real disappointed if it is not a real GTA, but it would have made it really sweet to find one so cheap.
Besides, if it turns out not to be a real GTA, i want feel bad ripping into it to make a street terror.

I'm still grinning, just not as big now
CheapGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #2
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Re: UMMM, i think i got duped

As long as the Y84 code is there, then it's a GTA. Unless of course they replaced the SPI label. In that case, there should be signs of tampering on the decal. Other than that, if it does have the SPI label, then the steering wheel and setas and headlight could have been changed over time.

The only way to know for sure would be take the VIN number down and order a packet from Pontiac Historical Services. It costs like $35, but they can tell you for sure if it's a GTA or not.

http://www.phs-online.com/

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #3
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: Custom
Re: UMMM, i think i got duped

Hope you find out whether you got yourself the real deal or not. I want to send away for the packet myself just to have it. I think that would be a cool deal to have. Especially when the car is shown. Again, good luck!

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote