Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 07-15-2003   #1
CAPTHOWDY
BANNED

1991 gta question

i have a 91 gta with the 350 in it but it has t tops to it i was told that in 91 a few got out like maybe 4-5 hundred i have checked everything all the vins on teh car and stuff and it all shows up that it came with the 5.7 350. so if anyone knows anything please let me know.
CAPTHOWDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003   #2
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
There seem to be a few early 1991 GTAs that have the 350 engines and the T-tops.

Personally I have never seen one of these cars, but I've seen the RPO tags of two on the Web here and they have both the B2L code and the CC1 code as well.

If your SPI label has both of these codes, then you have a pretty darn rare car. Look for the label on the inside of the LH rear storage compartment in the hatch area.

There are also GTAs that have had the T-tops installed after they were built, usually by the selling dealer. Your car could also be one of these. It looks to be a nice one either way....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003   #3
CAPTHOWDY
BANNED

hey thanks im only 17 and i love trans ams so when i saw it i had to get it. also mine has a stock crowl induction hood on it ive only seen maybe 1 or 2 pictures of others like it do u no anythign about that.
Old 07-16-2003   #4
CAPTHOWDY
BANNED

hey thanks i checked that out i i have both like u were saying on the back storage panel so i guess that means its rare im not positive but as i said thanks for the advice.