Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS FOR SALE

GTA PARTS FOR SALE Tired of looking at those GTA parts out in the garage? Need to clear out some space in the shop? Then post your parts HERE!

Old 08-22-2002   #1
DMCPONT
GTA Member

GTA emblem update

OK... heres the latest...
New proper metal White Fender Emblems, Bright Red Fender emblems will be available first week of October.
They join the current Perfect Black ones rolling out the door last month... @ about US$85 each plus US$13 for certified Delivery. These are all excellent. Limited production. PERFECT.
Sail panel emblems due 3-4th week of Jan. US$60 each.
Nose emblems .. TBA. but coming next.
Full kits coming toward the end of the year.
Other Colours .. TBA depending on the movement of these.
They can be supplied directly over the net from http://www.usgmserviceparts.com.au/s...egory845_1.htm
note that $ figures shown are in Australian Dollars which currently converts to around 1/2 the US$ IE AU$1 = A$1.90c

Alternatively contact dave@pontiworld.com.au

Postal to Dave Clee PO BOX 135, Oak Flats NSW Australia. US$ Checks or Postal note in US$ are OK & preferred.. Clearance time 2 weeks in hold on checks. Average transist time 1 week return certified & insured.
DMCPONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002   #2
DMCPONT
GTA Member

Correction

Dollars.... the USA $1 - Australian $1.90... not the way written above... also sail panel emblems due at end of SEPT 2002..
Old 08-23-2002   #3
tommydodso
GTA OWNER

GTA EMBLEMS

HI ARE YOU THE ONE FRANKIE WAS TALKING ABOUT? IF SO I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU. I NEED A COMPLETE SET OF FLAME RED EMBLEMS NOSE, BOTH FENDERS AND SAIL PANELS? HOW MUCH WOULD THIS SET COST ME? WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?
THANKS TOMMY
Old 08-23-2002   #4
DMCPONT
GTA Member

Emblems

Yes this is he....

.. the emblems are "slowly".. impatiently coming... I do not rush them .. they are not to be anything but perfect.

Frankie has mentioned the fender emblems standard, that is our standard.

The last emblems coming are the nose emblems which I have NOT seen a sample of YET.. I do not expect THEM to be up and running for maybe 6 weeks yet.

Due to the minimum qualities, the hi cost of many different colours, the dye costs etc... these are an expensive propostion to kick with so BLACK, WHITE, BRIGHT RED & FLAME RED are the initial colours going.. the rest will follow.
Cost for a Kit of 5 , beig 2 sail, 2 fender & one nose will be US$295 delivered certified anywhere in the world. This will be about a US$60-70 savings on individual parts etc. This is the source.
Old 09-03-2002   #5
turboal
Classic Car Member

GM Licensed?

I don't see it mentioned, so I'll ask. Are these emblems GM Licensed? I'm sure that GM's lawyers would not be happy with someone reproducing their emblems without the appropriate corporate approvals. Plus, the GM mark means to me that the emblems have been inspected and pass muster when compared to the originals. Also, if you are exporting non-GM licensed emblems to the US, then you are similarly running afoul of the US Customs Laws which strictly forbid the importation of non-licensed trademarked items.

Just a little friendly advice that will hopefully keep you out of trouble. I hate to see restorers get squashed by the big corporations and the only way I know not to is play by their rules. They don't seem to have any patience for people that don't, regardless of how pure or good their motives. I had a friend with an item he did that got squashed by them. That's how I came to learn about it.

Turboal
(87 Turbo Regal)
(Looking for an 89 TTA)
turboal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002   #6
DMCPONT
GTA Member

They are due for GM Restoration Parts approval & formalities completed hopefully by the end of Nov if the quality on all of them is seen as ready & the range of colours ready for people.
These don't have any G.M. logo's associated with them YET... only the NOS ones we have... but were looking for its approval so both people recognise a quality product & also so the parts can be listed on the GM dealer network to help all concerned.
Old 09-03-2002   #7
turboal
Classic Car Member

Emblems

I thought that the emblems themselves were the logos that were trademarked? At least that's what the Chrysler and Ford lawyers told my friend about some of his stuff. Why would their emblems be trademark protected and GM's not? Granted, I'm no expert on this, but after seeing how those big companies come after you, its not pretty. They threatened my pal with legal action, fees, penalties, and much more.

Turbo_al
turboal is offline   Reply With Quote