Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 04-25-2003   #1
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Update....

How's everybody doing here these days? I just wanted to post this so everyone would be up-to-date about The Source Page.

I apologize for the lack of "attention" the website has been getting of late. This time of year on our farm is hectic to say the least, and with this new switch to a different poultry company it's even worse. So I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the Page during the warm weather months.

If there's something you need from me, contact me and then keep after me until you get an answer, please. The days are long, and I don't have a lot of computer time at night, but I'll do the best that I can.

I'll try to keep up with the board here and things like that, but Source Page updates may be few and far between for the next few months....

Just an FYI....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003   #2
grayeagle
"Older" Member

I think everyone is doing OK ... Sorry to hear your swamped, although it is better than the alternative!!

Did you ever sell Fred?

I don't know that there is anything I can do from here - but if you think of anything, just ask.
grayeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003   #3
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

Quote:
I think everyone is doing OK ... Sorry to hear your swamped, although it is better than the alternative!!
Yes, I'm swamped.... but I like what I'm doing, so that helps a lot. The alternative.... well, I don't even want to think about that. At my age, unemployment is not a happy consideration.

Quote:
Did you ever sell Fred?
No, not yet. Fred is still languishing on his trailer outside. I've had a good bit of interest, but no takers as of yet. But then I'm in the position of not HAVING to sell the car. It's not in the way or anything.

Quote:
I don't know that there is anything I can do from here - but if you think of anything, just ask.
Thanks a lot. It's not so much a question of needing anyone's help on anything.... I just wanted to let folks know that I would be a bit lax on maintaining The Source Page during the next few months. But with my job, it really can't be helped. That's all.

BTW, grayeagle, are you a member of the NTTGA? They have an excellent 3rdGen club there in the Dallas area.

Old 04-28-2003   #4
grayeagle
"Older" Member

I've been to one meet with NTTGA and I signed up on that day!! A bunch of real nice folks - meet Gregg and the rest of the crew - had a really good time, I had the only GTA there - one other TA and about a dozen camaros ...

Gregg talked about you quite a bit - said you were quite the fanatic (LOL) - referring, of course, to your GTA's ...
Old 04-29-2003   #5
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

If you know Gregg.... then I'm in BIG trouble!

He's a great guy. Even though we live 400 miles apart, I can safely say he's my best friend in the world. But he shouldn't talk about ME being fanatical about my cars.... he has NO peers when it comes to that; that 1LE of his is the most protected car I've ever seen.

I follow their activities vicariously through their message board, but you'll be in the minority with your GTA. Most of the folks in that club are of the Chevrolet persuasion. So you'll stand out.... Make us GTA folks proud.... that's an order!

Old 04-29-2003   #6
grayeagle
"Older" Member

He did happen to mention that you were his "only" friend (LOL) - haven't seen the 1le yet, but your probably right about being just a little fanatical towards his cars ... he seemed to be a little over protective about all of the cars there (including my GTA)!!

Can't wait to meet you - see you at the southern nationals!!
Old 04-30-2003   #7
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

Quote:
He did happen to mention that you were his "only" friend (LOL) -
I highly doubt this.... sounds more like ego-stroking to me.... but I'm proud to be called his friend, nonetheless. I'll tell you how much I value his friendship.... if anything ever happens to my wife and I at the same time, he is legally designated the task of liquidating all my GTAs and their associated memorabilia so the funds can go to a fund for my daughter, Erin.

He mentioned to me that a new member had joined the NTTGA with a Gunmetal 5-speed GTA.... I guess that must be you.

Quote:
haven't seen the 1le yet, but your probably right about being just a little fanatical towards his cars ... he seemed to be a little over protective about all of the cars there (including my GTA)!!
That 1LE is simply fantastic.... you don't know how BAD it pains me to say that about a Camaro, but it's true. He wins everything he enters with that car. I love that car, but I couldn't do without the A/C. I'm a fat boy who likes his creature comforts. Next time you talk to him, ask him about his '99 trip to OKC.... and what happened to his neck. OUCH! I was there and I saw it.

Gregg just loves cars, period. No matter with him as to the marque; he just appreciates automotive excellence.... especially musclecars. So yes, he's very protective of everyone's cars at any gathering you'll go to. You'll have to get used to that trait in him.

Quote:
Can't wait to meet you - see you at the southern nationals!!
Same here! Since this is going to be the only show I get to attend this year, I'm really looking forward to catching up with my old friends.... and meeting a lot of my new ones as well. I'll be travelling down on Thursday before the show this time. You just be sure to look for the red GTA parked with all the GTA Source Page stuff all over it. That'll be me....!