Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 08-29-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

Cost of a replacement GTA front clip?

Hello friends,

I just wrecked my 88 GTA. I ran a stop sign that was missing (still my fault) and I need a new front piece and fenders. Has anyone had to replace these? How much can I expect to have to spend to get this redone? Do any of you have experience here?

Scott Tempesta
Old 08-30-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

front

The only place other than the dealer that would have that is classicindustries.com
I think they are a little high in price but there aroun 450.00 and 600.00
Old 10-18-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: Cost of a replacement GTA front clip?

I just bought an 88 gta that was hit by a drunk driver .except fot that, the car is perfect.I just bought everything from the dealer through my boss.1 fender,nose ,bumper support bar,upper and lower radiator support,the support is in two pieces.everything except a hood.around $800.a few body shops quoted a price of around $450 to weld in the support and line everything up.I could have went cheaper on the parts but this car is to nice.
Old 10-30-2000   #4
REMOVED USER

replacing front

I just had the front of my 87 replaced when my (now X-wife ) pulled in front of someone. The total was $1,200 for: 1 new nose, 1 impact absorber, 1 fender with ground effects, 1 headlight plastic shroud, 1 fog lamp, paint/labor etc.. The guy who did the work demanded a GM front nose because he said it's really hard to get the others to fit properly. 6 months after getting the work done I moved from MO to KS. ARRRGHHHH! Only rear plates are required in KS. She would have looked sweeeeet without the front license bracket.. Oh, well, I can order vanity plates which require front and back in Kansas. Don't ask my why????