Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-17-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

Paint fading on an 88gta

I was told that on the 88 ta's that it was common for the paint to fade .I just picked up an 88gta and the top of the car looks like the last owner went through the car wash to many times.As far as the rest of the car, the paint is flawless.just was wondering if that was true.thanks dave.
Old 11-20-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

Fading Paint

I have owned my 1989 since it was new. I couple of panels have been repainted due to parking lot scratches. The original panels look close to the new paint but can be noticed if you look hard. My colour is metallic flame red and has always been stored undercover from sunlight. Some colours have a propensity to fade more than others such as the hues of red. How the car is stored and cared for makes a big difference. The original paint with the clear coat was a very expensive item on these. After 11 years most of paint is still very good and if it were not for some scratches and repainted panels mine would look like it was only a few years old.

Ray