Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-24-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

trans am broken

man... some loser punks broke into my gta a few days ago. they stole my stereo, and they tryed to steal my car too. good thing the gta's have that little micro chip thing in the key, otherwize they probly would have got it. cuz they busted up the whole stearing column trying to start it. and ive only had this car for a few weeks. are gta's a high target or something?
Old 11-24-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

GTA Thefts

Most high performance sports cars are more prevalent to thefts. Sorry to hear about your incident. About five years ago I had thieves put a boulder through my driver side window to steal my radar detector and other items in the car. They cause far more damage than they steal, but of course they don't care about that. The electronic resistor in our PASS key system was a good measure by GM to reduce thefts of these vehicles. If I park in a parkade or a questionable neigbourhood I now remove my radar detector from the winshield and any valuables in sight.
Old 11-27-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

stereo

the stupid icbc guys are only giveing me 160 dollars for the deck, that pisses me off, thats barely enough to buy a new one, let alone replace the one they stole.
i wana get a car alarm that frys punks who touch my car i cant be charged for murder then, cuz the car killed them not me, heh.
Old 11-27-2000   #4
REMOVED USER

ICBC

A fellow British Columbian. I have had to fight with ICBC before. Don't settle for their first offer. Try documenting what the stereo is worth. Keep pushing and don't go away. They may settle for more if you make a nuisance of yourself to them. While I am forced to take basic auto insurance through ICBC I went private for comprehensive and collision a few years ago. A little bit cheaper and better service. That's the private sector for you. I don't know your political persuasion but the Liberals have vowed to review and probably privatize ICBC when and if they are elected in the spring. None to soon for me. I don't feel the provincial government has any business providing auto insurance. What city do you live in?

Ray
Old 11-27-2000   #5
REMOVED USER

ICBC Incident

As an example a few years a go I was in a Victoria Save On Foods parking lot. I got stuck in the middle of an uncontrolled parking lot intersection by another oncoming driver trying to turn as I was turning the other way. The other driver became so enraged I was blocking his path, even though I had the right of way according to the right hand rule and my turn signals were on and his were not, that he deliberately backed his car into my driver's side door causing a slight crease. Luckily there was a witness to the incident and I got his name and number. The other driver, I later determined, was an off duty bus driver as he had a BC Transit logo on his shirt. Upon reporting this to ICBC they at first declined to cover my damage. I forced them to track down the witness who lived in Kamloops and they finally covered the damage. You have to be persistent with ICBC.

Ray
Old 11-27-2000   #6
REMOVED USER

Stereo Replacment

I had I thought. Do you have house or apartment contents insurance. I once had a getto blaster stolen from a previous convertible car on the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria. At the time my apartment insurance covered it. When the thevies got my radar detector the other personal items and cash in my wallet were covered by my house insurance. ICBC, here we go again, would not cover the radar detector. Check your policy if you have one. Did a few personal items or cash go missing from your car when the punks broke in?

Ray
Old 12-08-2000   #7
REMOVED USER

stolen items

yeah, they took my 60 dollar sun glasses, my swiss army knife, my stereo, the remote and.... thats it i think. for some odd reason they left the $1.25 i had in the ash tray, they went out of their way to open it, but they didnt take the money. anyways... i live in canada BC surrey
Old 12-08-2000   #8
REMOVED USER

Auto Theft

Maybe "today's value" of the items stolen and any "cash" that when missing will cover the deductible of any applicable insurance policy. If you get my meaning.

Ray