Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 07-17-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

Cloth Interior cleaning?

For the guys with cloth interior cars, how do you guys clean the interiors of your cars and remove stains from areas such as the carpet and seats? I'm currently in the process of doing a restoration on my car. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

Re: Cloth Interior cleaning?

There is a cleaner called Bissels... I get it at Candian Tire.. has a brush on the end and the foam comes out from the brush, this stuff works good... you can use anything really.. just make sure you have a powerful wet/dry vac.
Old 07-22-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

Upholstry Cleaning

I have rented carpet cleaning machines with upholstery tools to do my seats and carpet which comes up very good. However, you must not use bleach, as it will fade the colour in both your seats and carpet. I had my carpet redeye but have been advised by upholstery shops in my city and the Third Generation parts site you can not dye the cloth fabric. After they were dry I bought a few cans of 3M scotch guard from Wal-Mart to protect the cloth.

Ray
Old 07-22-2001   #4
REMOVED USER

Upholstery Cleaning

I have rented carpet cleaning machines with upholstery tools to do my seats and carpet which comes up very good. However, you must not use bleach, as it will fade the colour in both your seats and carpet. I had my carpet redeye but have been advised by upholstery shops in my city and the Third Generation parts site you can not dye the cloth fabric. After they were dry I bought a few cans of 3M scotch guard from Wal-Mart to protect the cloth.

Ray