Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 02-09-2015   #21
rhomanski
The Born Loser

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: Swap Orig 5.0 for 5.7 - impact on Value?

I've enjoyed every mile I've put on mine. 186,000 or so, so far. I love looking over that long low hood as I cruise the interstate. Listening to the 350 crate engine through the 1 5/8" headers and the 3" exhaust. Listening to a CD boom through the subwoofers. Carving the corners with KYB struts and shocks and Eibach lowering springs. As someone said to me once, it drives like a Nascar racecar. It will bring a smile to the face of anyone who loves cars.

It brings me very little pleasure sitting in the garage. Take it out on the road though, and your in heaven. The freedom of driving a strong fast car that grips the road like it's afraid to let go is something not to be missed. I have an 86 stock six cylinder with around 200,000 miles and an 86 Corvette with 200,000 miles. I've enjoyed every mile I put on them as well.

Now I drive a 2011 HHR panel as my daily driver. It hugs the corners pretty good for what it is. Although I wonder about lowering springs. Some bilstein shocks and struts...
Old 02-09-2015   #22
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Re: Swap Orig 5.0 for 5.7 - impact on Value?

I had a 90 honda Si that I loved.. little pocket rocket. was not modded but opened the sunroof and nailed it coming out of turns was a blast. was I savoring every mile? think not. I enjoyed the car but it was a daily driver. so other times just stuck on freeway, in rain, snow etc. In the GTA it is only on nice days and I have the t-tops off and good music queued up on the phone running it through the speakers. very mile is precious. none are wasted going to the store etc. most times is it me with family. or alone on some open road to enjoy her exhaust. no right or wrong but I will say...no boring drives..ever.