Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 07-26-2013   #1
Jasonzbtzl

GM Heratige experience

Just wanted to let everyone know, I had a good experience with the GM Heritage folks.

I sent them an E-mail asking about getting the vehicle invoice, they replied back a day later and I told them I needed the invoice e-mailed back within two days because I was intending to look at the car for purchase and they sent it back the next day to me.

The invoice lists clearly the Y84 as the first line item on the dealer invoice.
List a bunch of other items, but only in a list, no codes, but the Y84 was really the most important to me.

It was also interesting to see how much the dealer paid for the car back in the day. Would be curious to know how much over MSRP of $21,723 they sold the car for???

http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/

Here is a picture of what I got e-mailed to me.

Jasonzbtzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #2
86TA355SR

Re: GM Heratige experience

Great customer service, let us know how it works out for you.
86TA355SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #3
Jasonzbtzl

Well it turns out I'm not going to look at this car after all, I've found a local one, so I just sent this to the guy and said it was for his trouble. Since the car had no SPI I did this for my own piece of mind so I knew, had I gone to look at it, it was a true GTA. So I guess I just made this guy's job easier, selling his GTA and I'm out $50, oh well......
Old 07-26-2013   #4
Big&Bad89GTA
Car info: 1989 GTA 5.7L ASC Convertible, with RPOs: B2L, JG1, L98, and N10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonzbtzl View Post
It was also interesting to see how much the dealer paid for the car back in the day. Would be curious to know how much over MSRP of $21,723 they sold the car for???
How much OVER MSRP?

Dealers used to discount the cars then, just as dealers discount cars now...
Big&Bad89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #5
Jasonzbtzl

Yes, but I'd bet since GTA's were not as common they might have done like what happens now, like when cars like the Ford GT500's get released and they magically are $10k more on the sticker, than MSRP, because they can get it. I wonder if GTA's had waiting lists like a lot of the cars do nowadays do, GT500's, Saleen in the day, and some of the SRT Dodges when they came out.
Old 07-26-2013   #6
Big&Bad89GTA

Quote:
Yes, but I'd bet since GTA's were not as common they might have done like what happens now, like when cars like the Ford GT500's get released and they magically are $10k more on the sticker, than MSRP, because they can get it. I wonder if GTA's had waiting lists like a lot of the cars do nowadays do, GT500's, Saleen in the day, and some of the SRT Dodges when they came out.
They were not. I was there, in the showrooms when these cars were new, and cannot recall any ADM stickers. I remember looking at GTAs in 1989, new, but bought a Corvette instead. No waiting lists, no markup...

Bought the GTA in 1991 though, for only $10,250 for an 89 GTA 5.7L T-top car w/ leather, etc. If someone was foolish enough to pay over sticker for a car which dropped half its "value" in a little over two years, that would have been funny. I think my window sticker was around $22k or so... It was an 89, built in the later part of 1988...
Old 07-26-2013   #7
Big&Bad89GTA

BTW, the scan is pretty cool.

Back in the day, I called Pontiac and they sent for free, the MVS data booklet for 1989 on the Pontiac Trans Am, and also sent the (copy of the) invoice. The key code was blanked-out on mine though...
Old 07-26-2013   #8
86TA355SR

Quote:
Well it turns out I'm not going to look at this car after all, I've found a local one, so I just sent this to the guy and said it was for his trouble. Since the car had no SPI I did this for my own piece of mind so I knew, had I gone to look at it, it was a true GTA. So I guess I just made this guy's job easier, selling his GTA and I'm out $50, oh well......
Karma will reward you for your effort!
Old 07-26-2013   #9
Jasonzbtzl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big&Bad89GTA View Post
They were not. I was there, in the showrooms when these cars were new, and cannot recall any ADM stickers. I remember looking at GTAs in 1989, new, but bought a Corvette instead. No waiting lists, no markup...

Bought the GTA in 1991 though, for only $10,250 for an 89 GTA 5.7L T-top car w/ leather, etc. If someone was foolish enough to pay over sticker for a car which dropped half its "value" in a little over two years, that would have been funny. I think my window sticker was around $22k or so... It was an 89, built in the later part of 1988...

Fair enough, but $21k was a lot of money for a car in 89' if I remember, although I was only 14 so my interest in cars was in its genesis.
Old 07-26-2013   #10
Jasonzbtzl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TA355SR View Post
Karma will reward you for your effort!
Yes hopefully it will, because the car I just made a deal on requires AC fix, and my fingers are crossed it does not cost me a mint to get some cold air.
Old 07-26-2013   #11
86TA355SR

Pictures and details on the car!

Congrats!
Old 07-26-2013   #12
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Has anyone of you guys ever ordered this document but also had the original document just to find out if this document that they send to you is accurate compared to the actual document that you already have?

I am curious to see if I were to purchase this and compare it to what I have already, if everything would match purfectly. I am curious only because if you do not have any other documents, how can you be completely sure that the document that they are sending to you is accurate? And if you guys do not have any documents from your GTA, how can you completely be sure what they send to you is accurate? Have any of you guys ever received this document and it did not match to the stuff that you have on your GTA already?

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 07-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #13
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
Has anyone of you guys ever ordered this document but also had the original document just to find out if this document that they send to you is accurate compared to the actual document that you already have?

I am curious to see if I were to purchase this and compare it to what I have already, if everything would match purfectly. I am curious only because if you do not have any other documents, how can you be completely sure that the document that they are sending to you is accurate? And if you guys do not have any documents from your GTA, how can you completely be sure what they send to you is accurate? Have any of you guys ever received this document and it did not match to the stuff that you have on your GTA already?

Yumiko
my cars previous owner bought the documents and I have my console sticker and they match so yeah I'm sure. not sure what you would think would motivate people to do that anyway
Old 07-29-2013   #14
Jasonzbtzl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TA355SR View Post
Pictures and details on the car!

Congrats!
Will be posting soon.