Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 10-31-2007   #21
southgta
F-Body Member

Re: AeroWing

Not to totaly change subjects but does anyone make a fiberglass, or carbonfiber GTA hood for our cars?
southgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #22
merc3065

Nobody makes a stock style fiberglass hood.
Forget carbon fiber too, they are super expensive to make because of the autoclave costs.

There are numerous ram air fiberglass and high rise cowl inductions out there that are all fiberglass.

Hawks thirdgen parts sells them
G&T Fiberglass
Paradise alley sells em
theres a buncha other companies that make them as well.
Old 11-01-2007   #23
southgta
F-Body Member

I have seen the ram-air type one but not really my taste, I would love to have a stock style light weight hood. Like the Z-28s had 82 or 83 I thing it was.
southgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #24
Stephen

You can get a stock, non-vent, fiberglass Pontiac hood. Do a little cutting, making of some mounts, and put your vents in that.

5.7/700R4/3.27 M78--4th gen front seats/stock split rear seats--
17x9 275/40s front/17x11 315/35s rear custom widened & powdercoated ROH Snypers--02 Rear wing
3rd gen parts 4 sale
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #25
GTAGUY65
PAUL

OK I Searched some of the info on the Aerowing. I am going to use my original since it is still in good condition but I am going to do all the "de-Trim" on my car to save some bucks on the re-paint. I just need to know if there is a certain way to remove the areowing without damaging the factory clips. Is there anything I need to know before removing without damage to factory clips? and anything else that you may think I may need to know before removing all the trim for the repaint thanks

Last edited by GTAGUY65; 01-31-2008 at 11:15 AM.
GTAGUY65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #26
gtayumiko
GTA Member

The best way to do this is by having at least one other person help you. First you can open the hatchback and unbolt the four bolts and disconnect the electrical wire for that center brake light. While you are doing this, the other person who is helping can keep their hands on the spoiler so it does not slide forward. After the four bolts and the brake light wire are removed/disconnected, you can close back down the hatchback lid. It is a good idea to have the hatchback lid locked down, because when you lift off the spoiler, since it weighs about thirty to thirty five pounds, the hatchback will want to open up and it just will get in your way.

So after the hatchback lid is locked down, with the four bolts and the electric wire disconnected/removed, you then can lift up slightly the rear part of the spoiler so it is not stuck onto the hatchback metal piece and slide the spoiler forward. It only needs to move about half of an inch to become disconnected from the glass frame. There are three white plastic clips for each side of the spoiler where it connects to the glass frame. It is a very simple process really, once that you have done it and know exactly how it comes apart. Good luck, it is not that big of a job to remove it. But for your first time, it will take some thinking and patience. Yumiko
Old 02-01-2008   #27
GTAGUY65
PAUL

Thanks alot for the info, I was just concerned about breaking the clips. so if I understand correctly after all the bolts and wires are disconnected I just lift slightly and move forward to unhook the clips.
Thanks
GTAGUY65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #28
Kerry

Hi Gary. Can you tell me how to get the installation pictures of rear spoiler.
Kerry/hotrodpontiac@yahoo.com
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013   #29
GTA50

Hello Kerry:

Thank you for your interest. For you and anybody else who wants my instructions and pictures, just send me a PM.

Best regards,

Gary.
GTA50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #30
jake3

GTA Year: 1989
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Hello..... does anyone have these instructions, I pm'd gta50 a few weeks ago, didn't here back..... gta50 are you still out there....lol
jake3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #31
GTA50

Hi Jake:

Sorry for not replying sooner as I don't hit this site too much lately. Anyway, I hope you got my e-mail with the instructions.

Best regards,

Gary.
GTA50 is offline   Reply With Quote