Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-03-2012   #1
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Found a close color to flame red

I was at O' Reillys and came across this dupli color Chrysler paint called "Inferno Red Metallic" It is really close and I think I'm going to paint my GTA this color. This is so close to flame red its not funny. I will try to post a picture in the sun sometime. ( I painted a door molding)

1988 Firebird Formula - C&C T-TOP car, black with grey interior, was a 305 tbi now a 350 tbi, and waiting on a ZZ383 stroker
DD9TransAmGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #2
Roadrunner
87 GTA 305 Auto

Re: Found a close color to flame red

Cool.
This would be helpful for when I do the door hinges.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #3
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

I think with a touch of goldish/orange it would be almost exact

1988 Firebird Formula - C&C T-TOP car, black with grey interior, was a 305 tbi now a 350 tbi, and waiting on a ZZ383 stroker
Old 03-04-2012   #4
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

bad picture but can you guess which one is which?

Old 03-04-2012   #5
89-5.7GTA
Tony

GTA Year: 1989

Is that money in the photo the prize for the correct guess?
89-5.7GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #6
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89-5.7GTA View Post
Is that money in the photo the prize for the correct guess?
NO! its for my headlight motor rebuild kit!

Old 03-04-2012   #7
Tonygxp

why not just redo it in flame red? new to the GTA scene, curious??
Tonygxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #8
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

Its going to be easy to get mixed and I kind of like it a little better. I like flame red but looking for a newer version of it if that makes sense?

Old 03-20-2012   #9
andre#4

So, which is which???? I want to know.

The other thing is that sometimes people don't get the mix right for flame red. Sometimes it looks like drabby maroon like an old cadillac, sometimes it comes out like something you see on a hotrod. even the factory didn't get the mix right all the time. If I were gonna have any paint work done in flame red, I'd request a steel panel painted with the color before I approved it. Then, when I bought the paint, I'd mix it all together. (if 2 or 3 gallons were needed, I'd open them up and mix them all together again and again, to avoid the problem of variance between one gallon and another)

I just got a 87 with a carmine interior, with 1700 miles on it. I have wanted a carmine interior for 20 years. I only wish they made black gta with that interior, but flame red is good too. It is cool that you have the same colors as me. I wish I had the paddle mirrors. Mine was made in ohio, and analogue dash. I wonder if yours was made in ohio too? (I wonder if any carmine interiors came out of van nuys?)
andre#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #10
DD9TransAmGTA
Fireturd GTA owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre#4 View Post
So, which is which???? I want to know.

The other thing is that sometimes people don't get the mix right for flame red. Sometimes it looks like drabby maroon like an old cadillac, sometimes it comes out like something you see on a hotrod. even the factory didn't get the mix right all the time. If I were gonna have any paint work done in flame red, I'd request a steel panel painted with the color before I approved it. Then, when I bought the paint, I'd mix it all together. (if 2 or 3 gallons were needed, I'd open them up and mix them all together again and again, to avoid the problem of variance between one gallon and another)

I just got a 87 with a carmine interior, with 1700 miles on it. I have wanted a carmine interior for 20 years. I only wish they made black gta with that interior, but flame red is good too. It is cool that you have the same colors as me. I wish I had the paddle mirrors. Mine was made in ohio, and analogue dash. I wonder if yours was made in ohio too? (I wonder if any carmine interiors came out of van nuys?)
The molding that was furthest away is inferno red

All I know is the first owner lived in Missouri, it had a little over 1,000 miles when it was first registered.

Old 03-25-2012   #11
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

My 87 GTA is Flame Red and has Carmine Red interior and was made in Van Nuys.
Old 02-07-2013   #12
mavs88gta

What is the paint code for our "flame red"? I lost my code sheet, and don"t remember it. I will be getting mine painted this year. I'm tired of the crappy condition of mine!!!!!
mavs88gta is offline   Reply With Quote