Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 04-29-2012   #1
MUSKOKA 87 GTA

We all like a good homecoming story right??

Hey Guys so heres the deal in the mid 90s i bought a 88 GTA 305 digital dash ttops leather interior Flame red GTA had the car for a few years got lots of attention from the police and even paid 10.000 for insurance for the next 3 yrs LOL ya see where this is going right? anyway needless to say i sell the car have a family and the rest is history!!! Fast forward to Nov 2011 theres a guy down the road with a 87 GTA 350 TTOP digital dash for sale i do the deal and get the car the 350 spins a bearing and well is done for the year,i pull the motor out decide to build a 383 for the car which is still in mid build,So i dont want the car to sit there this summer SO i buy a 1988 GTA Digital dash hardtop with a 305 tpi i pull the motor out of the 88 drop in the 87 and well the pulleys ie powerstering air conditioning pump are all on the opposite side UGH What a night mare ANYWAYS fast forward again to Wednesday the 25th or April 2012 im on kijiji and i see a 1988 GTA for sale i look at the pic and i say to my wife thats my old car she says are you sure and i say positive SO i call the guy who owns it after a lengthly discussion he tell me that 2 owners before him was a guy named Tom that owned the car I AM TOM LOL the end of the story is i drove down to orillia yesterday got the car it needs work granted but my BABY IS HOME interior is in Excellent shape and gonna fire it up today he burned the starter out of it and had a new one to put in it.i should also tell you its been stored for the past 10 yrs in his garage when i sold the car it had 187,000km on it Today it has 199,000 what ya think of that Boys?? WILD aint it lol
MUSKOKA 87 GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #2
jaygt

Re: We all like a good homecoming story right??

Wow that's very cool
1987 trans am GTA 350 t-tops
1989 formula 350 hardtop
jaygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #3
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Well interesting. I wonder how that guy knew the name of the previous owner, two owners before. During all of the years that I have owned my GTA, it has always attracted a lot of attention from people, except during the years of 1994 through 1998. But that is probably because it did not look so nice during those years. And why 10,000 for insurance for three years? I would not be full converage since the car was so used when you got it. Did you have a very bad driving record or something?

Yumiko
Old 04-29-2012   #4
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
Well interesting. I wonder how that guy knew the name of the previous owner, two owners before. During all of the years that I have owned my GTA, it has always attracted a lot of attention from people, except during the years of 1994 through 1998. But that is probably because it did not look so nice during those years. And why 10,000 for insurance for three years? I would not be full converage since the car was so used when you got it. Did you have a very bad driving record or something?

Yumiko
The car was originally owned by him. I have a feeling the insurance was so high because he might have had some run in's with the police? So 10,000 for insurance. So he definitely had a pull me over red car. LOL!
Old 04-29-2012   #5
89JerseyGTA

Sure wish I could come across some old rides.

I had a 69 camaro, 78 Trans am, 84 trans am (in 86) ... sure wish I had all 3.
89JerseyGTA is offline   Reply With Quote