Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 09-30-2010   #21
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Re: I miss my car :(

Ok, just giving my opinion, nothing more nothing less forget I said anything
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #22
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I was hoping to see some new photo's of the car Heather. I'd like to see the interior and under the hood.
Old 09-30-2010   #23
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Yeah you are super lucky if a shop charged you $500 to replace a fuel pump. It cost me right about $1000 to have mine done because to get to it the right way, you need to drop the rear end, and exhaust to drop the tank. But congrats on getting it back in one piece!

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010   #24
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadGTA View Post
It really sucks finding shops you can trust. In Wisconsin I had a body shop that did absolutely phenomenal work every time, and a local mechanic who I would not hesitate leaving my car with. Now I moved away and I have to start all over again. I think I found a very nice body shop, now I just need to find a mechanic. I will probably go the dealership route like frankie (there is actually still a pontiac/buick dealer here!) They will be more expensive, but I dont have to worry about shady work.
Not necessarily true. Sometimes the dealerships following everything by what their computer tells them to do especially on our older cars that not many have experience with ends up not being much better. I spent $1000 last summer while away from home when my GTA broke down and I finally made it at a pontiac dealership near Calgary, Alberta only for them to fix a minor issue while still leaving the main issue which was my car being really underpowered and not running right, unresolved. When I finally got my struggling car home last fall I took it to a local mechanic place that I used to somewhat trust (don't anymore) and it was just a loose distributor that made my car run like crap. So these older guys that claimed they were experienced which i'm sure they were at the pontiac dealership obviously missed a simple problem which could of saved me alot of money. Now I have no shop that I go to regularly or trust here in Regina, Saskatchewan so its tough. Well that's one of my many experiences with my GTA! Josh
Old 10-22-2010   #25
ThunderChicken
Hoarder

I've never seen a shop charge less than $800 for a fuel pump, either, regardless of how much the pump itself costs.

Click here for Firebird Fest of the Carolinas Information!!
ThunderChicken is offline   Reply With Quote