Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL TECH (NON-GTA)

GENERAL TECH (NON-GTA) Got a technical question or problem with your non-GTA vehicle but want the expertise of the GTA community? Post your non-GTA technical questions here!

Old 07-07-2010   #21
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Re: Please help, low oil pressure in 95 firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's GTA View Post
Never saying worthless. Just not a high value car. I love my 2000 Firebird. I've had it for 10 yrs and bought it brand new. Just not much value.
Well, that was the way it was in 1997 when my GTA was ten years old. But now almost 14 years later, it is worth more now then it was then. And I have determined that personal value will always be more then worth value.

Yumiko
Old 07-08-2010   #22
ThunderChicken
Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumikoGTA View Post
Well, that was the way it was in 1997 when my GTA was ten years old. But now almost 14 years later, it is worth more now then it was then. And I have determined that personal value will always be more then worth value.

Yumiko
Precisely. Very well put, Yumiko. In 1985, a second gen Firebird or Trans Am was just another car...now even a base model second gen Bird is worth a nice chunk. I have two V6s and the GTA. They're all special to me, but the '01 I treat with just as much care as the GTA because it's a clean, low-mileage car.

Firebirds will ALWAYS be valuable...and I know a lot of people are in love with the "Iron Duke" Birds, even though they're 4 cylinders because they're RARE in good condition. Worth a lot? Not really...but a collector would still pay handsomely to have one in their collection.

Click here for Firebird Fest of the Carolinas Information!!
ThunderChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #23
Jack's GTA
Love them GTA's

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

V-6 Firebirds will never be a high monetary valued car is what I'm saying. They are not considered collectible. They made lots of them. My V-6 Firebird will never be worth lots of money. His numbers matching on his engine to the frame will never affect the money value of the car. If it were say a 1989 V-6 turbo Trans Am then changing the engine will decrease the value of the car. Not matching numbers. Too many V-6 Firebirds were built is what I'm saying. You will never see a V-6 Firebird 30 yrs. from now going for 6 figures like some cars are now. You don't see any 1969 strait 6 Camaro's or V-6 Mustangs going for the numbers their big brothers are going for. I highly doubt that they will be on the Barrett/Jackson or other auction blocks. This is what I meant. No disrespect to the V-6's. I have one myself.
It's just faster for him to have the engine replaced than him removing the engine, waiting for parts and time being rebuilt, then put back into the car. He could have his car back within a week if he took it to Autowise.