Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 04-11-2010   #41
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Re: My GTA caught fire!!

Your GTA that your going to be working on, that is a 1989? I think so because I see that it has those little metal wedge plates mounted in the door jam right below the sail panel. I think they did that when they started to put the 5.7 liter engines with T-Top option available. Maybe I am wrong, but over the many years that I have been looking at these GTAs all over like at wrecking yards and on the street, I notice these little things with the different years.

Anyway, good luck with your project. It will be quite interesting to see your progress on it. If I was planning to do such a project in the same condition you have with this GTA, I would purchase a car cheaply on ebay that is at least complete in the engine compartment area. And I would just switch over all the parts from the ebay car to your GTA. Because buying all the parts individually piece by piece, it will be sooooooo expensive to do it that way. I think you could get a decent car on ebay do to this with for under $2,000.00, maybe even cheaper if the car is severely damaged (except for the engine compartment area).

And about the fire extinguisher, I had a friend who restored a 1970 Barracuda and he use to have fire extinguisher in his car. He went and bought another one and there was some special going on where if he bought one, he could also get one for free. So he got two of them and gave one to me and told me to keep it in my car and what it was for.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 04-11-2010 at 12:08 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #42
ned707

Re: My GTA caught fire!!

I'm getting a fire extinguisher ASAP
ned707 is offline   Reply With Quote