Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 04-08-2010   #61
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Re: some fresh pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarch View Post
All I have to say Yumiko is WOW !!!...Vey nice indeed
Thank you so much

Yumiko
Old 04-09-2010   #62
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

OK, I'll bite.... plus it's the only time recently that either car has been outside.

Hector at the March 27 Arkansas Pontiac Association show:

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #63
budfreak1
stang stumper

GTA Year: 1991

Very nice Frankie.

My Cardomain
1991 GTA L98 SuperRam- 13.5@98.7 MPH
1987 GTA L98: Flame Red(R.I.P.)
Road Demon:1992 Subaru SVX- Worlds fastest street N/A auto SVX record holder
1997 Silverado 350: Daily ride
budfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #64
mr.turbota
Trans Am collector

I agree.
Nice to see the car out at shows.

George

Go for the top of the food chain, and run wild!

1989 20th Anniv. Turbo Trans Am #231 (autographed by Emerson Fittapaldi in gold, winner of the 1989 Indy 500, on my dash panel glove pocket)

Featured in:

Books:
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1969-1999 Photo Album
Pontiac Firebird 1967-2000 Photo History
Firebird Trans Am by David Newhardt

Magazines:
Smoke Signals Sept 1993
Car Craft March 2000
mr.turbota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #65
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2 View Post
OK, I'll bite.... plus it's the only time recently that either car has been outside.

Hector at the March 27 Arkansas Pontiac Association show:

Yes, very nice Frankie, and I know how hard it is to keep a black car clean, some of my friends tell me about that sometime with their black cars...

Yumiko
Old 04-09-2010   #66
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadGTA View Post
I would love to see more pictures of your car, when it was new would be awesome, Its cool that you've had it that long. beautiful car!
Well, here are some pictures that I took of my GTA in summer of 1987, about one week after I had bought it. Sorry but I really did not take too many pictures of my GTA at that time. These are the oldest pictures I have of it. I am still looking around and maybe I can find some more. I remember taking my picture sitting in it when it was brand new but I have not seen that picture anywhere around.

First picture is a close up of the front side rim. I did not dry off the water before I took that picture, so you can see some water drops on the rim in some places. Notice the very light gold color? The dealership called this rim color "champaign color rims". I think it was supposed to match the light tan interior color of my GTA, as it does.

Next picture, sorry about the poor quality. There was this guy next to me in the other car cleaning stall and he had a camaro. He came over and was talking to me about the cars. He was interested to know why I bought my GTA I remember.

This car wash is no longer there anymore. Of course....that was 23 years ago! Notice in this picture that my GTA does not have a license plate? I had taken off the paper dealership advertizing thing because it was falling apart from the high pressure water sprayer when I was washing my GTA that day.

There is so much dust and lint on these photographs, maybe some time I will try and clean the pictures off and scan them again.

Hope that you enjoy the oldest pictures I have of my GTA.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 04-10-2010 at 12:02 AM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #67
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Looks like my car but better. Thanks for the photos Yumiko. I got my car out of storage today. I didn't get to take photos of it. Didn't realize the car was dirty when I had it stored. Mud was on the rear quarter panel. It started raining so I didn't get any photos of the car.
Old 04-10-2010   #68
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Frankie your notchback looks GREATTTTT! As Tony the tiger would say.
Old 04-10-2010   #69
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh4263 View Post
Looks like my car but better. Thanks for the photos Yumiko. I got my car out of storage today. I didn't get to take photos of it. Didn't realize the car was dirty when I had it stored. Mud was on the rear quarter panel. It started raining so I didn't get any photos of the car.
Thank you. Those pictures I posted are from 1987. I took my GTA for a little drive today. On Friday I ran into the guy who sold me my GTA at GM dealership. The dealership is now gone. He lives close in the area and so it is not uncommon for us to see one another every once in a while. The last time I saw him was in 2003 or 2004 I think.

So he asked me if I still had my GTA and I of course said yes. He wanted to see it and so we set up a meeting place today at Starbuck's. He was so happy to see my GTA again. He says that the greatest part of his job when he worked at the dealership was to see people who purchase new cars to keep them looking new for many years. He has a Corvette collection. He tells me that he has five of them, but I have only seen two or maybe three of them so far. They are all the older ones from long ago, not seventies or newer, but the really older ones.

But about the cars, he says that he hates it when people buy a car and then just drive it into the ground and then throw it away. So he was very impressed (as always) with my GTA when he saw it.

That was some fun for today with my GTA.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 04-10-2010 at 08:15 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #70
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

Thanks a lot for the pictures Yumiko! I really enjoy looking into the past at these cars because I wasn't even born yet to see them in all their brand new glory. I really wish i could see some pictures of my GTA back when it was brand new. I suppose It didn't look much different than it does now, but it still would be very cool to me. You are extremely lucky to have bought that car brand new. Really my absolute dream car would be to have a brand new of the dealer lot GTA...

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #71
YumikoGTA

You were not even born yet? Now I really am feeling old! I was twenty years old then....but I am in better shape now then I was back then.

Yumiko
Old 04-10-2010   #72
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

Yeah, I am 17 but I turn 18 on July 15th!

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #73
YumikoGTA

I can now understand why you love your GTA so much. Actually as I was driving mine today, I looked around at all the other cars and I thought to myself that for my car being a 23 years old design and style, it is still one of the better looking cars out on the roads, even these days, 23 years after they were brand new.

Yumiko
Old 04-11-2010   #74
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991

Once again, Yumiko, thanks for sharing. It makes me wish that my wife and I had not sold her GTA years ago. It was the same color 87, but it had the burgandy cloth interior. We would have kept it, but the motor had internarl issues,and we just could not afford to keep it.

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #75
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThisGTA View Post
Once again, Yumiko, thanks for sharing. It makes me wish that my wife and I had not sold her GTA years ago. It was the same color 87, but it had the burgandy cloth interior. We would have kept it, but the motor had internarl issues,and we just could not afford to keep it.
Did you sell it to someone around in the city that you lived in? That would probably be very nice if you could go back and see if the person you sold it to still has it. And that would be awesome if they still had it and you could see it again.

By the way, the closest I came to getting rid of my GTA was in 1995 or 1996, I am pretty sure it was in 1995 though. The mechanics told me that my car had serious electrical problem and that it will only get worse, they said that they would give me $800 - $1,000 for it when I came to pick it up from them after they worked on it and got it fixed. I thought about it for a little bit, and almost did it. But right before I did it, I brought my GTA to another mechanic that I sort of knew and he said that all the guys did to fix my GTA was replace the fuse box on the drivers side on the firewall that goes to the fuel pump. That is the closest I ever came to selling my GTA. I am glad I did not sell it, especially for that price they asked.

Yumiko