Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 09-09-2007   #21
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: Significance of No Windshield VIN Plate on Canadian GTA

OOOOooooo, that Medium Blue Metallic is sweeeeet! Look forward to seeing more of that car around here.... and SOON.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #22
intake68
GTA Member

Arrow Re: Significance of No Windshield VIN Plate on Canadian GTA

Hi Frankie, long time no talk. I think the last time I spoke to you was in 2002 or 2003 when you were nice enough to have draws for PHS documentation for each year of the GTA. I was lucky enough to get a canadian package from PHS for the 1989 model year.

As for the 92 GTA, its been on here in years gone by. A friend of mine owned it for years and he frequented the GTA message boards. He finally parted ways with the car in 2006, but not before he installed an LS1/T56/rear end/brakes/dash and seats from a 4th generation T/A. This is good or bad, depending on who you ask. From a collector point the car was very rare. Part of me wishes it was still original, but the other part of me smiles when I put my foot into the accelerator. The car has seen lots of different engine combo's but has very few miles. It had roughly 60,000 kms(36K miles) before the LS1 implant. Since then it has racked up another 7K miles.

I hope to leave it as is and just work out the few small bugs from the swap. It will make a great summer cruiser and a conversation piece at shows. With a TPI, its tough to have 400RWHP N/A and still get 25-30mpg on a highway or have drveability in heavy traffic. Once I get a set of decent aftermarket heads all the pieces of the puzzle should be complete and next year I can hopefully enjoy some time with the car on the road.
Old 09-10-2007   #23
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

That car didn't used to belong to Anthony Arredondo, did it? He used to post quite a bit over a Trans AmGTA.Com.

Old 11-30-2007   #24
GTAGUY65
PAUL

Has anyone bought the packet that Pontiac Historical Services provides? My GTA is missing the RPO sticker and was courious if the information they provide also tells where the car was originally sold and to what dealer ship?-Paul
GTAGUY65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #25
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

Paul, I have the PHS packet for both my GTAs, but since GM has recently decided to try and get into the vehicle documentation game.... the complete documentation packages are no longer available from PHS for models 1987 and newer.

What you need is the GM factory invoice; that form will list the info that you specified in your post. You have to go through GM now to get this, though, and they will charge you $50 just for the invoice alone. I've got the contact info somewhere.... I'll try to dig it up today for you if you're interested.

Old 12-01-2007   #26
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Engine: Custom

That'd be cool Frankie because I'd like to order it for both my car and my wife's Formula.

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #27
Andy 91GTA
GTA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2
That car didn't used to belong to Anthony Arredondo, did it? He used to post quite a bit over a Trans AmGTA.Com.
Dj92GTA off of this board used to own it.
SLP catback|air foil|CAI|ported plenum|180* T-stat|Holley APFR|TransGo Stage 1 Shift Kit|Corvette Servo|.5" Boost Valve|Kenny Brown SFCs|TDS Wonderbar|Strange 3.42s|ASP crank pulley|ET Street Radials
15.03@91
92GTA
350|auto
Green w/beige leather
14.18@95
CAI|TPIS air foil|180* T-stat|ported plenum|AS&M intake runners|SuperRam intake manifold|Holley APFR|ASP crank pulley|TDS Wonderbar|ET Street Radials
92GTA
350|auto
Jamaica Yellow w/black cloth
Andy 91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #28
GTAGUY65
PAUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2
Paul, I have the PHS packet for both my GTAs, but since GM has recently decided to try and get into the vehicle documentation game.... the complete documentation packages are no longer available from PHS for models 1987 and newer.

What you need is the GM factory invoice; that form will list the info that you specified in your post. You have to go through GM now to get this, though, and they will charge you $50 just for the invoice alone. I've got the contact info somewhere.... I'll try to dig it up today for you if you're interested.
REPLY: Thank you , I think you have to buy one to get the other, so they make you spend close to 100.00 to get this , I was just courious if the INFO would say what City and Dealership the car was originially sold at..... PAUL
GTAGUY65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #29
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAGUY65
REPLY: Thank you , I think you have to buy one to get the other, so they make you spend close to 100.00 to get this , I was just courious if the INFO would say what City and Dealership the car was originially sold at..... PAUL
I apologize.... I guess I wasn't too clear on answering your question. The answer is yes: both the car invoice and the window sticker will list the name and location of the car's original selling dealer.

If the car was dealer transferred or something similar, then the "selling dealer" and the "original delivery dealer" will be different. I used to have a '93 Chevy 4x4 PU that I bought new that was swapped and the original dealer listed on the window stickler was actually over 100 miles from here; in fact, the truck was driven between the two locations and the mileage was on the odometer.

Old 12-15-2007   #30
southgta
F-Body Member

I got in on this post a little late but did I understand that you cant get a 350 with paddle mirrors? My car has a build sticker on the door as 12/86 a 350 and paddle mirrors?
southgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #31
Fourthkid

Not as a domestic -USA market & EPA-certified vehicle. Over the last twenty years have not seen any proof that the factory produced combination you mention was available any way other than for export. If I could not buy the new car legally from a US Pontiac dealer than it is a grey market vehicle.
Fourthkid is offline   Reply With Quote