Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 09-11-2007   #41
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Re: Southeast Members

Im still looking forward to it. I know of atleast 2 people that are going to try to make it. I have a cold this week, hoping I'll be 100% by Sat. since this was kinda my idea hehe
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #42
Louvers

Hey guys .... I just wanted to give you all a quick update as to my schedule. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it up on Saturday after all. I have had some work issues come up (what's new) that will require my attention this weekend.

Be sure to post up some picks if you can. Maybe I can try for next April ...

My Garage
Louvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #43
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: Custom

Bummer Darrell. Hopefully we'll catch up with you in the Spring. I'll definately have my car then and with any luck, I'll be there for the show.

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #44
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

U guys and your problems, Do I need to buy some other friends to hang out with. LOL
Old 09-14-2007   #45
strc09

You know...the older I get, the more problems I seem to have.

Old 09-14-2007   #46
Louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by strc09
You know...the older I get, the more problems I seem to have.
No problems here bucket .... just responsibilities .... But hey .... if we are talking money ... how much you offering???? LOL
Old 09-14-2007   #47
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

With All The Cash Ive Been Spending On The Bucket And The Buick, Cant Offer Cash, Maybe A Car. Just Got An Email, My Wing From Hawks Is On The Way!!! I Changed My Pic It Seemed Like It Was Freaking You Guys Out To Much, So U Like My 7nup Dude?? Patrick, Do U Want To Try To Get Together Tomorrow!!
Old 09-14-2007   #48
Louvers

Don't know what a "7nup dude" is but I do like the drink ...
Old 09-14-2007   #49
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Ofcourse no rain here in months, well u know how it goes, been a monsoon here all day. Hopefully will be decent tomorrow. Lets try to shoot to get together in april, now that is the big show, you might want to plan a weekend for that, its huge
Old 09-14-2007   #50
Mongoose
Future GTA Owner

It's started to sprinkle here in Monroe, the regional radar shows this thing has really dissipated over the past 8 hours. My dad called from Atlanta around 1pm and said it was pouring down.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #51
Louvers

Hey guys ... I was bummed that I couldn't make it and the weather is so nice!!! Been working all weekend and just finished to sit down and catch up on some things.

Any pics?????

My Garage
Old 09-16-2007   #52
kuulkatdadieo

Yea, any pics??
kuulkatdadieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #53
Mongoose
Future GTA Owner

Sorry, my digital was on the outs but I'll see if I can get you a link to our club photographer's site. It was a great show even with the damp start Saturday. Brought home Best in Class, Best Interior and Best Engine. Missed Best of Show by 2 points but I won it back in April so let someone else have a turn. Funny story about the trophy for that show, seems that the trophies for Charlotte F Body and Carolina F Body were swapped somehow and I've been trying to find the other winner. Well, it turns out that Eric from Zeus Performance had it and brought it to me today. I haven't seen him since F Body Motorsports was sold and we talked for some time. I'll be returning his trophy to him tomorrow at Zeus. It was a good turnout with many,many F bodies of all generations, wish I'd been able to meet those of you that came to the show.
Old 09-16-2007   #54
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
Sorry, my digital was on the outs but I'll see if I can get you a link to our club photographer's site. It was a great show even with the damp start Saturday. Brought home Best in Class, Best Interior and Best Engine. Missed Best of Show by 2 points but I won it back in April so let someone else have a turn. Funny story about the trophy for that show, seems that the trophies for Charlotte F Body and Carolina F Body were swapped somehow and I've been trying to find the other winner. Well, it turns out that Eric from Zeus Performance had it and brought it to me today. I haven't seen him since F Body Motorsports was sold and we talked for some time. I'll be returning his trophy to him tomorrow at Zeus. It was a good turnout with many,many F bodies of all generations, wish I'd been able to meet those of you that came to the show.
Hey I came by your car twice, on the way in and on the way out, no one there each time so we will hook up in april if not before. Pretty car, very pretty. I didnt get any pic myself my camera is on loan to a family member right now so im sure u know how that goes. I got to see Partick and his family, be both got our sechedules messed up. I got there early and he got there later. So I was getting ready to leave as he was getting there. But we did talk for a bit. He had a camera so we know who to hit up for some pics .
Old 09-16-2007   #55
Mongoose
Future GTA Owner

That's cool, hate that I missed you. I may have been in the midway drooling over the Year One T/A.....
Old 09-16-2007   #56
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
That's cool, hate that I missed you. I may have been in the midway drooling over the Year One T/A.....
Yea that bandit car is off the chain!!! When I got my gta was real close to buying that model. But im a 3 and 4 gen man. But those cars do look good when there hooked up. I think there gonna be the next big thing like the cudas and the sd ta's. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-17-2007   #57
strc09

The Year One Bandit was there and I missed it?!?! DAMNIT!! Grrr...

I was out there with the family on Saturday and met Jamie. Too bad we didn't have out cars though. It was still good to meet you. Darrell...you missed out and I hope you're able to come another time. Lots and lots of cars there. Mongoose, I was up there with the Carolina F-Body and Zeus folks, but I didn't see your Formula. Did you go out to Zeus for the cookout? We were there for a little while but left around 7:30ish so we got home before it was too late. It was sad to see my car sitting there with no motor and tranny. I'll post a link to some pics later on.

Old 09-17-2007   #58
Mongoose
Future GTA Owner

Nope, missed the cookout but Eric told me there would be another soon so I hope to make it there. He also came by on Sunday to give me my best of show trophy from the April show and I took him his today and to check out the shop. Looks like a good setup with just the two bays and keeping it simple. I saw your car there today as well, your secret's safe with me but I think you just let it slip.
Old 09-17-2007   #59
Louvers

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. I will definitely keep it in mind for next year.

We are having a nice weather day here so I had to pull the GTA out for a drive this afternoon. Nothing like a clear sunny day ... t-tops out and an 80mph cruise ....

Hey Patrick .... is Buckets hair really that crazy? LOL

My Garage
Old 09-17-2007   #60
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

U old people and you afternoon cruises, dont forget the fishcamp has a before 5 special. LOL, Im stuck riding around in my crusty ole magnum. Hopefully have my gta by the end of the week. On a better note, got my wing from Hawks, man looks really good, cant tell any difference in that or the factory one!!!