Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-19-2006   #1
ssean92

gta doors

ok i have a dumb question, are camaro doors diff then gta doors? and is the diff doors for diff years. the reason i am asking is i have a 87 that i have changed the roof rail seals on and the pass side door looks to have been changed, and the door will not line up right and the window doesnt fit the seal well. i have adjusted the window with all its adjuststments and still nothing. im thinking just going to get the door offf the gta that is in the yard i go to. the reason i know it has been changed is the pass dorr is white on the inside and the window stops are a hook type not like the drives door that is a flat stop

87 GTA FOR SALE CLICK TO SEE
ssean92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #2
Klortho

Re: gta doors

I had a door off of a '89 Formula on my old '86 that had the hook stops, but both my GTA and '86 had the flat stops. The Camaro doors I have also have the flat stops, but I had a Camaro door on my GTA for a bit and it lined up good, but not as good as the GTA, mainly because the holes in the upper hinge had been so messed up the new pins wouldn't let it sit right.
Old 03-19-2006   #3
ssean92

i am going to go to the jard this week and get the 88 gta door for 25 bucks and call it good. lol

Old 03-21-2006   #4
pontgta

I was able to change a door from my 90 gta. The donor door was a mint (no rust) 88 camaro. I even changed out my greasable hinges that i had purchased from andy. Mine lined up perfect. the only thing i had to do is drill holes for the ground effect.
pontgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #5
ssean92

my door just must be crap. eaither way i need to change it. thanks for the info guys