Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 09-26-2002   #1
f-crazy
GTA Member

help!!!!

ok guys..im up shits creek without a paddle..2 weeks ago my car was towed by the nypd...the lady i talked to said i was all paid up and i was good to go...i go out the next morning and my pride and joy was taken from me.....i just started my job and 5.15/hour isnt cutting it..i called my mom and she had to pay 900 for her insureance i called my grandma and her money fomr my grandpa passin is tied up in cd's for 5 years my uncles dont have and i already owe my sister..
please guys help a brother out..pocket change a few bucks anything... i dont wanna loose my ride
my e-mail is akers_13@hotmail.com
thanks guys
Old 09-26-2002   #2
Dj92GTA
GTA Member

is this a technical question?

id love to help ya out but canadian money would be pretty much worthless to ya...

did you lose your car? did it get stolen? kinda confusing... why did the cops take it?
Old 09-26-2002   #3
f-crazy
GTA Member

what happend is i got a few parking tickets in new york...they give you a ticket for everything....and i paid what i was told what i owed...the lasy told me "you owe 220 and after that your good" i was like ok and paid the 220...a few days later i go out to move my car for alternate side parking they calll it and my shit was gone...the marshalls towed it and impounded it...if i dont com up with the money soon they will sell it at an auction...i talk to my mom and shes gonna send what she can but its not be gonna enough....

i called the marshalls office and they said i owe 300 in tickets that are over 6 months old....but after the towing fee street romoval fee marshalls fee and a couple others i dont remember its comes out to $645 then i have to pay the storage fee were my car is being held...
it freakin sucks....i was talking to fred about this last night and i told him that i have a bad feeling im not gonna get my ride back...

thast about the skinny of it...sorry to bring my problems on you guys...

later
Old 09-27-2002   #4
Dj92GTA
GTA Member

i would track the chick you paid the 220 to and drag her ass down to the impound lot... thats complete bullshit... dont roll over man... keep phoning and bitching and bitching and bitching...
Old 09-27-2002   #5
f-crazy
GTA Member

thats one of the reasons its been there for about 3 weeks...i kept callin and pleading my case but when i got a hold of someone who would talk to me (they tell me to call here then i call there and they told me to call the place that told me to call them it was a vicious cycle) it fell on def ears...its basically my word against theres and theres no doubt ill loose because hey its the police...and even if i did get a court date or somethin by the time it came around my car would be sold..so i have no choice but to pay up...or some lucky bastard will get a gta for 2 grand or less at an auction...
this has seriously got me to the point of bein sick
Old 09-27-2002   #6
Dj92GTA
GTA Member

well where did the 300$ charge come from? thier word? i dont think they just tow your car unless there is a big paper trail...

dont you have a receipt that you paid for them? pay the fine off then ^&%#ing sue them for towing your car and damages...
Old 09-27-2002   #7
f-crazy
GTA Member

the 300 is from a few tickets that were from 6 months ago...i have a receipt for the 220....i may call a lawyer when i get this paid
Old 09-29-2002   #8
f-crazy
GTA Member

my buddy sent me 200 from michigan...its a start
Old 10-02-2002   #9
f-crazy
GTA Member

ive gotten $750 so far....im gettin another 200 tomorrow

and i need to come up with another 100 bucks...it should be easy since ive pulled 950 outta my ass
Old 10-03-2002   #10
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Good job Rob. I'm glad to see you're getting closer to getting back your car. Now if and WHEN you do get it back, please plase PLEASE remember to follow the parking rules and avoid getting traffic tickets again so you won't have to be in a mess like this again. I'd hate to see a fellow GTA owner lose his car to some prick that buys it off in an auction.

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002   #11
f-crazy
GTA Member

YEA!!!!!!

I GOT MY RIDE BACK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IM SOOO FREAKIN HAPPY...I WENT FOR A 2 1/2 HOUR CRUISE TO GET RE-AQAINTED
it was awesome....i dont think i could ever get rid of this car
....i cant wait to put a real set of balls under the hood...cuz its got the looks adn it will have the handling back under control...im so happy!!!!!
Old 10-04-2002   #12
f-crazy
GTA Member

damn didnt even get a reply to the one that solved my problem!!!

lmao...i dont care im happy as hell
Old 10-05-2002   #13
poncho@home

I don't want to sound like an a$$hole

But in all honestly maybe you should have lost your car. Your irresponsibility got your car impounded not the "bad" police. Then begging for money from everyone around you showed me atleast, that you aren't man enough to handle your own affairs.

The first you post when you get your car back is how you want to modify it so it can be faster. Did you bother to thank anyone for the money they sent you or repent?

The attitude that they "ticket you for everything in New York" is very immature. The reason you owed old parking tickets is because you parked illegally and neglected to pay the fine.

after all that, I am glad you didn't lose your car, that would've been a shame, but I do hope all this taught you something.
poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002   #14
f-crazy
GTA Member

i dont care what you think...if u lived somewere where noone has heard of a parking ticket and then moved to nyc and literally get a ticket for everything then u can say somethin....move to ny and then tell me that u dont get a ticket for takin a shit....in nyc they have waht is called alternate side parking...on tuesday and wednesday every week at 8 am for the meters and 1130 to 1 on tuesday and on wednesday its 1130 to 1....and when your working midnight and get home at 7 and the only parking spot for 15 blocks is the meter 12 blocks away...then they come street clean for and hour a half.....when you work over night up for 18 hours worked 12 u tell me if u could do it every morning....yea i didint pay some tickets i owed but had u thoroughly read my post you would of noticed that i said "i paid the 220 i owed" and the lady who worked there who is supposed to be competent told me i didint owe anything besides that...so before you go callin me irresposible and talkin all this shit get your facts strait....and tellin me i cant handle my own affairs and im not man....i hope u come to new york... id love to see you talk that crap in front of me
you dont know a thing about me...talkin to people like that out here will land you in the E.R.

im not blaming the police either...they try to keep the streets safe and im thankfull for that when im walkin down the ave at 3 in the morning...but $105 dollars for double parking your car so u can go drop a 5 min terd thats rediculous...am i supposed to shit myself?....like i said its easy for someone that doesnt live in new york to say "you should follow your parking reualtions" come to new york and then say something...i bet youll leave with a ticket
i know what u mean fred but sometimes its hard as hell stayin awake..when u do happen to pass out its hard to wake back up....on more positve note i havent gotta a parking ticket or any other ticket in almost 3 months

ive been on this page for quite a while....and everyone that knows me on here knows im not someone who doesnt care....youve known me what? a whole 5 minutes...maybe i should start callin you god...

and just so you know those who did help me know that im very gratefull....i started thanking those who helped and those who said they would help if they could before i received any money....i was a month without my car...

kinda sucks that u just wasted your time in replyin to this...

FRED thank you again

sorry for so long reply guys...but i felt i needed to defend myself
Old 10-05-2002   #15
ghettocruiser
Multi-Vehicle Member

NICE....

F-crazy... glad to hear that you got your car back... Ive been checking up on this post to see how it was going. I know what you mean about tickets in NY...ive only been there once, but I thought the campus cops here in PA were bad... Geeze. I went there for my friends b-day and came home 150 bucks poorer. You have EVERY right to be happy that you got your car back...I would have been too. That last reply....no need for him to judge or say stuff like that. Glad to here it again... Later
Justin
Old 10-05-2002   #16
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Whoa there, take it easy Rob. The man was only stating his opinions based on his experience from where he lives. For the record, NYC is THE WORST place in terms of parking and fines. And it's only gotten worse with the new policies that Mayor Bloomberg has put into effect. I can sympathize with Rob here, as even though he lives in a pretty good part, getting out of a nice car and walking 12 blocks home in the middle of the night by yourself is generally not a good idea in Brooklyn. Hell, that's why I sacrifice $80/month for a garage. Cops around here are real anal about giving tickets. Example, my meter expired just as I was going out to refill it and a friggin PIG was out there waiting to ticket me. 2 feet away, the red violation tag comes up and the @$$hole starts writing me a ticket. I calmly explained that I was going to refill, but the f***** said he didn't want to hear it and slapped me with a $110 fine. And no I don't want to hear that I should've gone out earlier, because when you're in the middle of a military class it is very impolite to just get up and leave without waiting for your instructor to finish first. Now seriously, what does that tell you about the traffic police here???

Rob, I'm very glad to hear you got your car back. Try to keep from getting it towed again, will yah?

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002   #17
poncho@home

Take it easy bub

Listen I live in a major metropolitan city that is very anal about parking tickets. I once also suffered from lack of common sense and racked up a large sum of tickets (as a youth mind you).

The reason I posted what I did is because of your attitude, atleast the one I detected in your comments. It felt like the world owed you and it wasn't fair that your car got impounded and you owed all this money. Well if memory serves me there are over, what 7 million people living in New York. I assume that the large majority of them don't rack up parking tickets and get there cars impounded? The reason you can't double park to take a crap is because you might affect the flow of circulation and god forbid an ambulance with a critical patient is stuck in traffic 'cause you just had to go...how'd you feel then.

we live in a society with laws that we must obide by. Who are you to choose that certain laws should not be applied and ignore them. If you opened your mind to the world around you'd realize that your actions might have consequences and maybe then would learn to appreciate why these laws exist.

Again I am glad you got your car back...I would've just been happier if you learned something from it.
poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002   #18
f-crazy
GTA Member

i did learn something from it...and as far as not everyone following the parking rules///im tellin ya come to new york and see how many are doubled parked on the avenues...theres litterally the car parked and the curb and the other is right next to it and its the same on the other side and when i picked my car up from the yard there were over 1000 cars there...from chevettes to corvettes....if you are someone else is gonna talk about disrupting the flow of traffic..its sure the hell aint me parking on my street on front of my window...and besides i get my car very tight the car im parking next to...like within 3 inches....and there is plenty of room to get by...hell when i double park 18 wheelers can get by...

and like i said i was not asking for sympathy...i was expressing an attitude due to the fact that i was told i didnt owe any money...i was pissing about oweing money i sent them 220 without hesitation...and the lady said i didnt owe anything...now fi someone tells you u dont owe anything you ask again...i did that she replied "yes im sure you dont owe anyhting im looking at your plate number in my computer right now"...i dunno about you but that would be good enough for me...

we live in a society with laws that we must obide by. Who are you to choose that certain laws should not be applied and ignore them

for the third time...i did not ignore them. i did not disagree that i got tickets...i did not deny that i got the tickets....and I WAS TOLD THAT I DIDNT OWE ANYTHING....i dunno man ive said this 3 times...the lasy said i was paid up...i sent them 220 a week or so before that...so why wouldnt i pay for the tickets that i owed?....and yea id pay the 220 and leave the balance and wait to get my car towed then piss and moan about it...riiiight..yea my fault i got the tickets, but when someone thas supposed to be competent tells your your paid up and then your car gets towed because of there incompetence you tell me why my irresponsibility comes into play..

fred...yea bloomberg is a real cum wad....the shit pisses me off....but i havent gotten a ticket in a few months so im get 3 hours less sleep a night now...ohh well

justin thanks man i appreciate that...im glad i got my ride back..

THANK YOU FOR EVERYONES concern