Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2002   #1
Darkside
F-Body Member

Help Me Please Digital Dash On The Blink

Hello everybody i have a problem with my digital dash surprise surprise ehh, can someone help me, here is the problem- the piece of the dash with the tripodometor on it is not lit up you can still see everything and all the button's still work but it is not lit up and if i take it to GM they want $500.00 dollars [CANADIAN] to fix it outrages i tell ya!!!. And i could just buy a used one but you can't keep your original kilometers doing that so could someone help because im sure you all have or had the same problem.
Old 05-19-2002   #2
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

digital dash

I have had the same problem...here is how to fix it:
Just get yourself a screwdriver and take off all the panels around it. From there you should be able to see behind the display a little. If you carefully, and I mean carefully bend the display down just a tad you should be able to reach inside and pull out the bad bulb....yep thats all it is. A light bulb.
Hope that helps a little.
Old 05-24-2002   #3
mario_GTA
GTA Member

a bulb but...

but it is a halogen bulb as I know and it could be a little expensive, right? At least it WAS expensive to me in Poland :-(

MARIO
White GTA 89 digital
Old 05-24-2002   #4
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

expensive?

Well I am not sure what it would cost in Poland. In the states the bulb was only about $1.45 US.
Old 05-27-2002   #5
Darkside
F-Body Member

Found the light

Thankyou rich88gta i found the bulb that was burnt out , put one thing do you know if PIAA makes a bulb for that because i put a PIAA bulb in to my fog light's and holy shit are they ever a lot brighter then the original one's. I would highly recomend that all you guy's do the same thing. You won't be disapointed
Old 05-28-2002   #6
Darkside
F-Body Member

STUPID #!*!*!# DELERSHIP

went to my local delership to get a replacment bulb for the dash and they charged me $12.00 bucks for that stupid little bulb. Had no choice no one else had it.
Closed Thread