View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013   #7
Snailman

Re: Paying the premium for the top GTA's

Thanks for the replies. This will be my weekend toy not a daily driver. I am dead set on a GTA as it was my favourite car in high school back in the 80's. Finding a low mile clean one is rough. Being a short production like everyone knows makes this tough. I ran across this beautiful GTA with only 85k km's. The history of it is quite interesting. A rich businessman bought it and crossed off every box you can for the GTA as well it has the euro mirrors which is super rare. He sold it to the current owner who is retired with many muscle cars in his collection in a heated garage for 15 years. The oil pumped failed 15 years ago and caused a engine knock and has sat since. He's asking $6500 firm but not sure i want to put up that kind of money with all the unknowns for a car sitting that long with a engine that needs rebuilding or replaced. Here is the ad with pictures. For my own protection i left out the phone number and info as im considering it. Whats everyone opinion on this interesting find.

$T2eC16NHJH8E9qSEU5gGBRs6y8j70!~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16N,!)kE9s4Z-vU9BRs61nfs4!~~48_20.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by Snailman; 07-10-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Snailman is offline   Reply With Quote