Old 07-26-2017   #14
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: Custom
Re: I'm in need of new tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
Seems like if you're running on 16 inch rims, you're choices may be pretty limited. Would you'all agree on that? Seems like the standard size rims now are 17 and larger.

With that said, has anyone ran Nitto tires on their 3rd gen, and if so, how did they do? I've talked with a few 3rd gen Camaro owners in the past and they tell me the original tires these came with (Good Year) no longer really produce any good tires for these cars anymore. Does anyone know if that's true or not?
I have nitto extreme performance NT 450's on my car. They are a performance all season tire. They are grippy yet do fine in heavy rain. Eventually I removed the back tires for mickey thompson ET streets. I still have the Nitto's on the front, they are around 13 years old and have about 20k miles on them, no issues.
87 GTA: Forged 408 LSX short block, TEA stage 2 cnc ported 243 heads, BTR Stage 3 stroker cam, Fast 102 intake, NW 102 TB, Longtube headers, custom 411 ECM, custom harness, custom tuned, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60E with PTC 2800 stall, 9 bolt rear with 3.70 gears and TAP girdle.

11.16 at 123 mph.
MunsonGTA is offline   Reply With Quote