View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017   #1
Tattooman

New to me 1988 GTA

Good morning. My name is Bryan. I found a 1988 GTA in an old fellows barn. I purchased this car for $1000. The man that sold it to me said it would not start. I put her on a trailer and brought her home. Installed a new battery and she fired right up. I took her to my brother in laws garage as he is a very good mechanic. It's how he makes his living. Any way , Mike got right at it. He could not believe I got her so cheap. The things Mike found. All four break lines needed to be replaced (done) Master cylinder. (Done) Rotors and high end break pads.(done) Both front springs were broken.(done) Mass air flow censor. (Done) all new exhaust ( in progress. There is a small spot of rust on the hood next to a vent. I will work no this myself. My GTA has a 305 in it Leather interior, T-tops. Everything seems to work just fine and the interior is mint. We have an old car club in town. Thi GTA will be my show car if I can get the black paint right. Glad to be a part of this community. I have learned so much about my car because of this web page. Thanks for accepting me!
Tattooman is offline   Reply With Quote