The GTA Source Page Message Forums

The GTA Source Page Message Forums (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/index.php)
-   GTA MISC (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   87-90 GTA Emblem Set (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55111)

DynoDave 09-15-2017 07:36 AM

87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
I saw this in an ad from Hawks. Is this them adding a part to their inventory that was already available elsewhere )GM Resto Part), or is this truly a new item, not available before, and of better quality than what was out there before (IE: proper peaked nose emblem) ?

http://www.hawksmotorsports.com/fire...campaign=Email

DynoDave 09-20-2017 08:09 PM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Wow, 37 views, and no comments.

No one knows, or the answer is such common knowledge no one feels the need?

Roadrunner 09-20-2017 10:15 PM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Interesting find.
I do not know the answer.
For some reason I thought the original nose emblem had a pin that fit through a drilled hole in bumper and was held with a pal nut on the pin.
I could be totally wrong though.

86TA355SR 09-21-2017 11:10 AM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadrunner (Post 441756)
Interesting find.
I do not know the answer.
For some reason I thought the original nose emblem had a pin that fit through a drilled hole in bumper and was held with a pal nut on the pin.
I could be totally wrong though.

Can't remember which year that changed. I think it was 91 but not sure.

With a little searching, you may still be able to find some NOS emblems. Or I was fortunate...

JonBlake 09-21-2017 01:28 PM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 86TA355SR (Post 441757)
Can't remember which year that changed. I think it was 91 but not sure.

With a little searching, you may still be able to find some NOS emblems. Or I was fortunate...

Yeah, same here, I couldn't tell for sure what is or is not correct. One thing though, I had purchased one of the nose emblems at a yard sale months ago and it has the mounting strut on the back side and it also has this little nipple off to one side of that strut. I notice in the picture of the link in the beginning of this thread, the back side of the emblem there only has the strut and no nipple. In the description of this item, it does mention that these emblems are a GM licensed reproduction.

BTW-what do you mean by "proper peaked"?

DynoDave 09-21-2017 08:49 PM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Well, as we all know, and as a lowly Trans Am owner, I don't know much about GTAs. But I "thought" the emblem for the nose had a peak in it, or at least a slight curvature. And the repros were flat.

Or am I getting confused with the TTA and it's emblems?

JonBlake 09-22-2017 12:23 PM

Re: 87-90 GTA Emblem Set
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynoDave (Post 441760)
Well, as we all know, and as a lowly Trans Am owner, I don't know much about GTAs. But I "thought" the emblem for the nose had a peak in it, or at least a slight curvature. And the repros were flat.

Or am I getting confused with the TTA and it's emblems?

Slight curvature. I got it now. When you said peaked, I didn't get it. Now I know what you're referring to. Yeah, the one I have has a slight curve to it, as to follow the curvature of the front bumper cover I would suppose.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.