The GTA Source Page Message Forums

The GTA Source Page Message Forums (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/index.php)
-   GTA TECH (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   AirRaid TB 1in Spacer? (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52178)

WickdEye 03-01-2010 09:25 PM

AirRaid TB 1in Spacer?

Hey guyz/ladiez I was wondering if anybody has a TB 1inch Spacer on their GTA??? And what kind of performance upgrade would this 1inch TB Spacer give our GTAs??? Specially the 5.7 V8 350 TPI, L98. The price of the Spacer is $119.99. Worth it??? Its a nice Anodized Red Color also so gives a nice custom look also.

Arrow 03-01-2010 09:33 PM

Re: AirRaid TB 1in Spacer?

Its a waste, dont bother.

george88gta 03-01-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 417512)
Its a waste, dont bother.

I agree, I installed the Street and Performance spacer, no change. Mods like this really need to be evaluated on a dyno, seat of the pants wont show the change ( if any).

jediknight13 03-02-2010 12:13 AM

What about the $50 air-foil for the TBI?

george88gta 03-02-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediknight13 (Post 417518)
What about the $50 air-foil for the TBI?

If you are talking about the piece that bolts to the throttle body, your car already has an air foil in the inlet hose and the front of the throttle body is relatively smoothed out. Again, save your money, unless you are really racing the car, I dont see the value. I installed all of those things and for daily driving, no change.

merc3065 03-02-2010 10:07 AM

Inlet hose...The intake baffles stock didn't have the directional plates in them if those are what you're referring to. The SLP hoses do have this, unless it was a later revision.

The airfoil that bolts into the TB does show dyno improvements as it smooths the airflow better than the stock. In addition, the plenum can be cleaned up as well.

The TB spacer "adds" plenum volume, but it isn't any use since the plenum and runner volume can't really be improved upon unless you start increasing the size of the runner tubes, plenum, intake manifold, and the head intake runners.

soooooooo If you want to spend money smartly, save a bunch and purchase a better upper half of the engine.

WickdEye 03-03-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc3065 (Post 417526)
Inlet hose...The intake baffles stock didn't have the directional plates in them if those are what you're referring to. The SLP hoses do have this, unless it was a later revision.

The airfoil that bolts into the TB does show dyno improvements as it smooths the airflow better than the stock. In addition, the plenum can be cleaned up as well.

The TB spacer "adds" plenum volume, but it isn't any use since the plenum and runner volume can't really be improved upon unless you start increasing the size of the runner tubes, plenum, intake manifold, and the head intake runners.

soooooooo If you want to spend money smartly, save a bunch and purchase a better upper half of the engine.

Excellent advice Merc i see ur point!! Also I have Holley Air Foil which has a total diffrent shape then the Air Foil that bolts into the middle of the TB. Check it out cuz I can feel this Air Foil at the rear wheels!! But of course there is the mental factor when u install a new performance part to feel wats really not there but I dont think this is the case with the Holley Air Foil but then again I dont hav a Dyno, I just love building UP my L98 with the available performance parts!! Get the parts while u can b4 they get discontiuned!!! Im gettin this Air Raid Spacer so ill tell u guyz how it goes!!!

Rodimus_Prime 03-04-2010 03:13 AM

spacers are useful for adding a threaded 1/8NPT port so you can add alky injection or nitrous, beyond that I dont see a purpose for them