The GTA Source Page Message Forums

The GTA Source Page Message Forums (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/index.php)
-   GTA PARTS WANTED (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   87 - 89 Trans Am /GTA NOS Spoiler (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55171)

Fourthkid 04-16-2018 09:08 PM

87 - 89 Trans Am /GTA NOS Spoiler

Looking to acquire a NOS 87 -89 Trans AM /GTA spoiler. Know that this forums members know people who know people. Maybe you have one stashed away.
Spoiler must not have cracks or be warped. Will not go fiberglass.
Willing to work on a deal or barter(such as digital dash parts) if can make happen soon.

JonBlake 04-17-2018 11:35 AM

Re: 87 - 89 Trans Am /GTA NOS Spoiler

Good luck. From all I've read on this forum and the third gen forum, it's hard to find an original one in pristine condition. Apparently these had a design flaw or something which caused them to go bad fast.

MunsonGTA 04-18-2018 04:37 PM

Good luck finding one of those. Even if you did, it would cost a ton of money.

JonBlake 04-19-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunsonGTA (Post 442015)
Good luck finding one of those. Even if you did, it would cost a ton of money.

How much is "a ton of money"? I've seen the fiberglass units on-line which cost roughly $350 - $400. Since the originals have the defect, why would anyone not rather get the fiberglass unit and call it good? That's what I'd do if it were me, anyways.

Fourthkid 04-25-2018 10:42 PM

Not looking to install a fiberglass unit because they have their own set of problems, such as difficult attachment points and lack of precise fit. I have read forum entries where fiberglass units have had to be significantly reworked in order to fit correctly.

JonBlake 04-26-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourthkid (Post 442028)
Not looking to install a fiberglass unit because they have their own set of problems, such as difficult attachment points and lack of precise fit. I have read forum entries where fiberglass units have had to be significantly reworked in order to fit correctly.

That very well could be, however, pretty much everything in life is like that. In all my hobbies, projects, work, etc. nothing went without a hitch. But in this application, once you've rework it to fit correctly, it's a done deal for good. The fiberglass units, as various owners with first hand experience have said on this forum and the third gen forum, won't rot out like the stock units always at some point do.

I'd just get the fiberglass unit, bite the bullet on massaging it into place correctly, and call it good. That's just my 2 cents though. Good luck. I'd be happier then a pig in slop just to have a GTA that I could put a spoiler on.