The GTA Source Page Message Forums

The GTA Source Page Message Forums (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/index.php)
-   GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Found a close color to flame red (http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53867)

DD9TransAmGTA 03-03-2012 06:32 PM

Found a close color to flame red

I was at O' Reillys and came across this dupli color Chrysler paint called "Inferno Red Metallic" It is really close and I think I'm going to paint my GTA this color. This is so close to flame red its not funny. I will try to post a picture in the sun sometime. ( I painted a door molding)

Roadrunner 03-03-2012 11:41 PM

Re: Found a close color to flame red

Cool.
This would be helpful for when I do the door hinges.

DD9TransAmGTA 03-04-2012 12:07 AM

I think with a touch of goldish/orange it would be almost exact

DD9TransAmGTA 03-04-2012 12:13 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zpk4fm.jpg bad picture but can you guess which one is which?

89-5.7GTA 03-04-2012 11:31 AM

Is that money in the photo the prize for the correct guess?

DD9TransAmGTA 03-04-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89-5.7GTA (Post 431848)
Is that money in the photo the prize for the correct guess?

NO! its for my headlight motor rebuild kit!

Tonygxp 03-04-2012 06:39 PM

why not just redo it in flame red? new to the GTA scene, curious??

DD9TransAmGTA 03-04-2012 06:47 PM

Its going to be easy to get mixed and I kind of like it a little better. I like flame red but looking for a newer version of it if that makes sense?

andre#4 03-20-2012 04:07 AM

So, which is which???? I want to know.

The other thing is that sometimes people don't get the mix right for flame red. Sometimes it looks like drabby maroon like an old cadillac, sometimes it comes out like something you see on a hotrod. even the factory didn't get the mix right all the time. If I were gonna have any paint work done in flame red, I'd request a steel panel painted with the color before I approved it. Then, when I bought the paint, I'd mix it all together. (if 2 or 3 gallons were needed, I'd open them up and mix them all together again and again, to avoid the problem of variance between one gallon and another)

I just got a 87 with a carmine interior, with 1700 miles on it. I have wanted a carmine interior for 20 years. I only wish they made black gta with that interior, but flame red is good too. It is cool that you have the same colors as me. I wish I had the paddle mirrors. Mine was made in ohio, and analogue dash. I wonder if yours was made in ohio too? (I wonder if any carmine interiors came out of van nuys?)

DD9TransAmGTA 03-20-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre#4 (Post 432049)
So, which is which???? I want to know.

The other thing is that sometimes people don't get the mix right for flame red. Sometimes it looks like drabby maroon like an old cadillac, sometimes it comes out like something you see on a hotrod. even the factory didn't get the mix right all the time. If I were gonna have any paint work done in flame red, I'd request a steel panel painted with the color before I approved it. Then, when I bought the paint, I'd mix it all together. (if 2 or 3 gallons were needed, I'd open them up and mix them all together again and again, to avoid the problem of variance between one gallon and another)

I just got a 87 with a carmine interior, with 1700 miles on it. I have wanted a carmine interior for 20 years. I only wish they made black gta with that interior, but flame red is good too. It is cool that you have the same colors as me. I wish I had the paddle mirrors. Mine was made in ohio, and analogue dash. I wonder if yours was made in ohio too? (I wonder if any carmine interiors came out of van nuys?)

The molding that was furthest away is inferno red

All I know is the first owner lived in Missouri, it had a little over 1,000 miles when it was first registered.

Steveh4263 03-25-2012 01:50 AM

My 87 GTA is Flame Red and has Carmine Red interior and was made in Van Nuys.

mavs88gta 02-07-2013 12:32 PM

What is the paint code for our "flame red"? I lost my code sheet, and don"t remember it. I will be getting mine painted this year. I'm tired of the crappy condition of mine!!!!!